The Early Abolition Movement
Read the petition from the Germantown Quakers and the excerpt from Equiano’s autobiography and answer the following questions:
A. Provide an overview of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). What are the major tenets of this denomination? What beliefs led this particular church to be so active in the abolition movement?
B. Who is Olaudah Equiano? What was the purpose of writing his autobiography?
C. What were some of the reasons for early colonists to oppose slavery? Are their concerns reflected in Equiano’s testimony of slavery in the West Indies?
D. Rather than being outlawed, the practice of slavery expanded in the British empire in the century between the petition and Equiano’s narrative. What contributed to that spread? How did the abolitionist movement grow between 1690-1800?
- The proposal: Exploting Sustainable Agriculture
- Discussion Post 4
- Analysis of the novel All The Light We Cannot See
- ANALYSE AND IDEATE A2: Individual Report (Jason 17/04/2023)
- Describe the implications of the proposed intervention to nursing education and practice.
- Written Response to Full-Class Reading/Viewing Assignment #2
- compare and contrast essay
- Medical Report Composition
- Find a post (or post a link to) a concept of Communication in Film (photo, short video, brief piece of writing, song, etc –that no one else in the class has posted to the blog yet) related to dealing with coronavirus. You may write about films, songs, etc dealing with isolation, exile, and illness. No two posts can be identical.
- Child Psychology