Term Paper 2 Topics
Topic 4 (Chapter 14): The Civil War remains the bloodiest conflict in American history. Today, many Americans continue to study the events leading up to this violent calamity. First, summarize the contested issues that led to the Compromise of 1850. What was the Fugitive Slave Act and how did Americans react to it? Next, explain the political ramifications of the Kansas-Nebraska Act. What event gave rise to the Republican Party and what did this new party believe? Next, explain the importance of the Supreme Court’s Dred Scott Ruling. What were the principles of the Republican Party as expressed by Abraham Lincoln in 1858? Finally, describe John Brown’s raid on Harpers Ferry and its results. How did this event impact the results of the 1860 election?
Topic 5 (Chapter 22): Before the Civil War, the United States was primarily concerned with internal affairs. However, after the conflict ended, the United States started on a path that would lead toward global empire. Today, the United States maintains large, permanent military bases in the Caribbean, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. First, explain the evolution of American interest in foreign affairs from the end of the Civil War to the early 1890s. What contributions did Fred Jackson Turner and Alfred Thayer Mahan make to the creation of this empire? Next, detail how business, religious, and social interests contributed to this goal. What were the origins of the Spanish-American War and did the conflict intersect with other American expansions to solidify the new position of an American empire? Finally, explain how economic power helped to expand America’s empire in China. How did the foreign partitioning of China in the last decade of the nineteenth century influence American policy?
- Explain why it is interesting to study the specific policy in the country you want to choose?
- Identify a similar or dissimilar experience between Rodriguez and Anzaldua.
- Write a general reflection (there are no pre-determined prompts for this book) on this week’s assigned readings of The Guide For White Women Who Teach Black Boys text.
- Discuss any symbols or constants that you are familiar with, but used in a context you aren’t familiar with.
- What do naturalism and normativism say about the concept of health?
- Write a personal essay for the admissions office of Saint John’s Highschool.
- History: African American History to 1865 Chapter 4,5 and 6 Summary
- Silent Film Age
- After reflecting on the links ( articles and videos), write out the five focus questions one by one (listed below), and under each question write out your answers (write 2-4 typed pages total).
- What are the advantages of alternative assets with regards to Markowitz portfolio theory?