Term Paper 2 Topics
Topic 4 (Chapter 14): The Civil War remains the bloodiest conflict in American history. Today, many Americans continue to study the events leading up to this violent calamity. First, summarize the contested issues that led to the Compromise of 1850. What was the Fugitive Slave Act and how did Americans react to it? Next, explain the political ramifications of the Kansas-Nebraska Act. What event gave rise to the Republican Party and what did this new party believe? Next, explain the importance of the Supreme Court’s Dred Scott Ruling. What were the principles of the Republican Party as expressed by Abraham Lincoln in 1858? Finally, describe John Brown’s raid on Harpers Ferry and its results. How did this event impact the results of the 1860 election?
Topic 5 (Chapter 22): Before the Civil War, the United States was primarily concerned with internal affairs. However, after the conflict ended, the United States started on a path that would lead toward global empire. Today, the United States maintains large, permanent military bases in the Caribbean, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. First, explain the evolution of American interest in foreign affairs from the end of the Civil War to the early 1890s. What contributions did Fred Jackson Turner and Alfred Thayer Mahan make to the creation of this empire? Next, detail how business, religious, and social interests contributed to this goal. What were the origins of the Spanish-American War and did the conflict intersect with other American expansions to solidify the new position of an American empire? Finally, explain how economic power helped to expand America’s empire in China. How did the foreign partitioning of China in the last decade of the nineteenth century influence American policy?
- Write an analysis providing evidence and a rationale that a selected gap in practice is in fact the root of a business’s problem.
- Write a 1500-2000 word research proposal (approx. 5-8 pages) in which you will develop a research question based on the theoretical insights of one of the theorists we are learning about.
- Based on your interactions with the health care system, describe which model reflects the prevailing processes in your country.
- Work on a plan to advise an agency or organization or a community or a business on how to be more trauma-informed – and why it will be helpful. Think more deeply about how you can apply what we are covering in this introductory course into your own personal experience.
- Write an essay on “Putting Up with Hate is One Price of Free Speech” Make an argument either for or against “outrageous” speech being protected under the First Amendment. 1443358 4 hours ago Please write using simple words
- Write an essay reporting your efforts to find evidence of facilitative communicative acts in the recorded history of a group of people who worked on a project that eventually turned out to be highly successful. Describe and analyze 5 acts from the article by Raffi Khatchadourian, “We Know How You Feel,” that could be facilitative communicative acts that demonstrate why or how the team was successful.
- Prepare a planning sheet for Physical for toddlers, Teaching goal and Context area(whole child).
- Summarize seperately the following link into your own words.
- What is the claim related to globalization that you are choosing for your final paper?
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of research-based frameworks about learning