The instructions ask you to discuss the concepts of “breadth” and “depth” of word knowledge. I have discovered that your edition of the text does not use that terminology. To clarify, “breadth” refers to the number of words a child knows and “depth” refers to how well or how much a child knows about each word.
Read Chapter 8 in the files and answer the following question.
Compare and contrast the concepts breadth and depth of word knowledge. Be sure to address the following questions in your discussion:
1. What aspect of childrens word knowledge is typically evaluated? and
2. What word-learning strategies contribute to each type of word knowledge?
Title of the book is Language Development: Foundations, Processes and clinical Applications, 2ndEdition
Author- Nina Capone Singleton Singleton
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.