***PLEASE SEE ATTACHED DOCUMENT***
Select a hospital or healthcare entity and outline the organization’s strategic efforts in the wake of a healthcare crisis. Create a press release update in response to media inquiries regarding one of the given scenarios. Apply standard practices of contemporary communicators as shared in the module resources and format response for ease of digital transmission.
This milestone will allow you to demonstrate your ability to deliver specific mass media communication efforts in support of real world scenarios as outlined in the Final Project I: Visual Strategic Communication Portfolio.
For this scenario, you will select a hospital or healthcare entity and outline the organizations strategic efforts in the wake of a healthcare crisis. The
press release will be issued by you in your role as the organizations Public Information Officer and official spokesperson and contact. The press release will
follow standard practices and be formatted for ease of digital transmission. In your release, you will provide a press release update in response to media
inquiries regarding one of the following situations:
1. A recently admitted patient has been diagnosed with Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), a respiratory infection caused by coronavirus and
related to severe acute respiratory syndrome or SARS virus. A hospital employee has since fallen ill. The public and hospital patients are concerned about
their safety and the spread of this illness.
2. The hospitals patient database has been hacked and confidential doctor-patient information has been compromised. The discovery was made two
hours ago and the hospital is working diligently to assess the situation and comprehend the depth of the breach regarding personal identification and
patient credit card information. Information was leaked to the press by an anonymous hospital source. Therefore, media teams are requesting
confirmation or denial of the situation, as well as a status update.
In support of your selection, you will offer the facts, a status update, and the necessary steps that are currently underway to address the situation. You will
include a quote from the Senior Vice President/Chief Clinical Officer, the hospitals top ranking official. The release will be shared with media teams, posted to
the hospitals website, and shared via social media platforms to offer transparency. As you create your press release, be sure to consider the following guiding
Which strategic communication solution(s) will you use to address all of the critical issues of the selected situation?
How will you address the claims made by the hospital in your communication response of the selected scenario?
Does your press release format include all the necessary components within industry standards?
How does the articulation of your response meet the ability to distribute your communication via multiple media platforms?
- Write an article “Why there is a worldwide shortage of vanilla” by C.D. in The Economist.
- What were the most surprising things you learned from this article?
- Write a research essay explaining how one theme in the novel Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler provides insight into or comments on our contemporary world.
- Write a book review of the insecure city: space, power, and mobility in Beirut.
- What is most important to you about a bank – swag/freebies, customer service, lowest/competitive rates, or ease of online access/app usage?
- Briefly describe other elements of the work(s): the form, the style of language, verisimilitude, and other elements we’ve discussed in class.
- Write a research paper on drug use among first generation college student.
- Explain why Recreational Marijuana Should Be Legal?
- Write a research paper on whether the healthcare should be a fundamental human right.
- Discuss some of the factors that lead to the acceptance of false beliefs as well as some of the factors that lead us to recognize and reject false beliefs.