For the research assignment, you will be asked to show your level of competence in understanding abnormal psychology and abnormal behaviour. First, please read through the vignette titled Disco Di, as well as the supplemental document regarding Disco Dis historical information (both documents can be found on eClass under the Research Paper Topic). After reading the vignette, I would like for you to research and discuss content in 3 areas 1. Diagnostic Features/Differential Diagnosis; 2. Cultural/Gender and Social/Environmental Factors; 3 Paradigm & Treatment Methods. You will also be asked to write an introduction and conclusion for the paper.
The paper must be no more than 5-6 double spaced typed pages (12-point font) excluding the title page and references. You must have at least 5 scholarly, peer reviewed, journal references in your research paper and (e.g., American Psychologist, Psychological Bulletin). They must be current (i.e., within the last 10 years). The paper must be in APA style; consult the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA, 2019) or www.owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/. You will also be asked to cite and reference your arguments with pertinent theories and research in abnormal psychology. Research support is a good thing!!
Essay Grading Key
1. Diagnostic Features/Differential Diagnosis (5 points)
a. Why do you agree or disagree with the diagnosis given to Disco Di? Please indicate the diagnostic features that accompany the disorder or the features that are not present from the vignette (2 points)
b. What other disorder(s) do you believe Disco Di is experiencing? Please indicate the diagnostic features and overlapping features of the disorders (3 points)
Be sure to support your thoughts with research-based evidence about the disorders features and overlap.
2. Cultural and Gender Factors (5 points)
a. How does culture shape the diagnosis and the diagnostic features/symptoms? (2 points)
b. How does gender shape the diagnosis and the diagnostic features/symptoms? (2 points)
c. How does our social environment shape the diagnosis diagnostic features/symptoms? (1 point)
The diagnosis or diagnostic features can be from the diagnosis given to Disco Dior the diagnostic features of other related disorders. Be sure to support your thoughts with research-based evidence.
3. Paradigm/Treatment Methods (5 points)
a. Which 20th century paradigm best examines the nature of Disco Dis behaviour?(3 points)
b. How should her disorder be treated? Which current treatment methods or potential treatment methods would help with the clients diagnostic features/ symptoms? (2 points)
Be sure to support your thoughts with research-based evidence.
4. Introduction/Conclusion & APA Formatting (5 points)
a. Introduction purpose, objectives of the essay (1 point)
b. Conclusion Summarize your overall findings (2 points)
c. APA Format title page, references, 12 point font, 1 inch margins, etc. (2 points)
There will be a 1% deduction (from your overall mark out of 20%) for each day that the document is handed in after the deadline.
- Comparative Analysis of Bertolt Brecht’s ‘Mother Courage’ and Lynn Nottage’s ‘Ruined’ in Contemporary Theater Essay
- Top Strategies for Launching and Managing a Successful Lawn Mowing Business Essay
- Critical Analysis of Intimate Partner Violence’s Impact on Pregnancy and Mental Health Research Article Critique
- Enhancing Therapy for Autism, Cerebral Palsy, and More Essay
- The Power of Practical Benefits in Buddhism: A Path to Reduced Suffering and Enhanced Well-Being Essay
- In-Depth Analysis of Google Inc.’s Organizational Behavior Research
- The Impact of Social Media and Technology on Young Americans Essay
- Empowering Diversity: Overcoming Challenges and Personal Reflections Essay
- The Complexities of the Hong Kong-China Border: A Case for Hong Kong’s Independence Essay
- Exploring the Viability of Opening a Baby Store in Ronkonkoma, NY Research