Write a report depicting your analysis of historical crime data for a specific category of crime or criminal issue. Focus your research on one component of the criminal justice system (i.e., law enforcement, courts, or corrections).
For this assignment, you will Present national data and trends based on the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting https://www.fbi.gov/how-we-can-help-you/more-fbi-services-and-information/ucr . and/or the Bureau of Justice Statistics’ Data Collection: National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS) https://bjs.ojp.gov/data-collection/ncvs .; another comparable nationally recognized database, such as The Campus Safety and Security Data Analysis Cutting Tool on the U.S. Department of Education’s The Tools You Need for Campus Safety and Security Analysis https://ope.ed.gov/campussafety/#/ .; or, for an international perspective, you may present data available at the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime’s Crime & Criminal Justice https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-and-analysis/crime-and-criminal-justice.html. web page.
Present graphical statistical crime data for a specific category of crime from three comparably sized cities, counties, or states from three different regions of the country (e.g., Indianapolis, Austin, and San Francisco, etc. This information should be found on official government websites.) Develop questions you would like to address based on the data you retrieved. (Note: You do not have to answer these questions for this assignment.) What crime prevention programs or initiatives are available to potentially address the crime or criminal justice issue? (Note: You are working through Step 18 in Crime Analysis for Problem Solvers in 60 Small Steps.Links to an external site.) If you choose to write a report, graphically display the statistical data developed for three comparable cities, counties, or states. Incorporate national statistics for comparison. You must include an introduction that presents the focus of the project for analysis. Your report must be at least three pages in addition to the title page and references page. Your assessment may be in bullet or paragraph format below the graphic display. Make sure you standardize your data (usually 1:1000; 1:10,000; or 1: 100,000) and incorporate the scale in a key for each chart. The Statistical Analysis paper or presentation Must be at least three double-spaced pages .
- What variation in the number and kind of aggression (e.g. physical, relational, manipulative, etc.) did you observe?
- Write a research paper outlining the five main purposes of case management.
- Write a research paper that examines root cause analysis and affinity diagrams.
- What questions do you have for your faculty member and course colleagues about publishing your research and the DTP Workshop?
- Write a research paper outlining the significance of observing both verbal and nonverbal cues in conversation.
- Write a research report addressing the question: Is metformin (intervention) a more effective way to manage type 2 diabetes in older people (population) than chlorpropamide (comparator)?
- Compose a study describing how to handle a challenge in a presentation.
- Write a research paper that examines the Intelligence Case Study “Colin Powell’s speech at the United Nations on February 5, 2003.”
- Write a research paper on the interactions and overlaps between leadership and communications.
- Write a research paper on the topic of student-centered learning facilitation.