Write a research paper outlining the significance of evaluation in group work practice.Competency 9: Evaluate Practice with Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and Communities Social workers understand that evaluation is an ongoing component of the dynamic and interactive process of social work practice with, and on behalf of, diverse individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities. Social workers evaluate processes and outcomes to increase practice, policy, and service delivery effectiveness. Social workers apply anti-racist and anti-oppressive perspectives in evaluating outcomes. Social workers understand theories of human behavior and the social environment, as well as interprofessional conceptual frameworks, and critically evaluate and apply this knowledge in evaluating outcomes. Social workers understand qualitative and quantitative methods for evaluating outcomes and practice effectiveness. Social workers:
a. select and use culturally responsive methods for evaluation of outcomes; and
critically analyze outcomes and apply evaluation findings to improve practice effectiveness with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
The Signature Assignment in SWK 522 requires students to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to select and use culturally responsive methods for evaluation of outcomes, and to critically analyze outcomes and apply evaluation findings to improve practice effectiveness with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
Students will write a 8-10-page paper in correct APA style, with a cover page and reference list (not included in page count), to use an existing, or develop a hypothetical evaluation plan for group practice. Students must use a minimum of four appropriate sources that include a combination of scholarly (journal articles, reports, etc.) and other trustworthy sources (.org, .gov, and .edu organization websites *.com websites must be very carefully evaluated since .com stands for ‘commerce’).
Required Assignment Headings
Group Identification and Descriiption
Logic of Intervention
Plan for Evaluation of Practice
Application of Evaluation
Evidence Based Practice
Service Delivery Outcomes
Preparation and Professional Writing (40 pts)
· APA Format and Sources (20 pts)
o Title page
o Reference page
o In-text citations match reference page
o Sources are appropriate
o Times New Roman 12-point
o 1” margins
o Page numbers
o Paper length (8-10 pages)
· Writing (20 pts)
o Word usage
o Sentence structure
Group Identification and Descriiption (35 pts)
· Students will identify and give a brief descriiption of the group they chose for their Proposal Paper. (5 pts)
· Students will research the group and describe:
o A history of the group including all of the following (10 pts):
§ How it began
§ Who formed it
§ When it was started
§ Why it was started
§ Whether it is formal or informal
§ Whether it is a chapter of a larger organization
o A descriiption of the client(s) served through the group process that includes the criteria for member inclusion and exclusion (10 pts)
o A brief descriiption of the treatment or intervention model used within the group (students will expand on this in the next section) (10 pts)
Intervention (50 pts)
· Students will provide a critical analysis, using scholarly evidence to support their work, to describe:
o the logic of the intervention for the group type and clients served including:
§ evidence related to the use of the intervention model in terms of the problem being addressed (15 pts)
§ cultural considerations related to the intervention and population (15 pts)
consider how the intervention upholds or fails to uphold anti-racist and anti-oppressive values
benefits and challenges of working with the intervention population
§ appropriateness in terms of human development (think about different models of human development theories) (10 pts)
§ ethics related to the intervention (must use & cite most current NASW Code of Ethics) (10 pts)
Evaluation of Practice (50 pts)
· Students will choose an evaluation model to create a hypothetical plan for evaluation of the group intervention, which includes all of the following:
o Informed consent process (5 pts)
o A descriiption of the ethics and anti-racist, anti-oppressive values that must inform the process (5 pts)
o Methodology to be used (qualitative, quantitative, or mixed) (10 pts)
o Evaluation Design to be used (i.e., single-subject case design, between groups comparison, pre-test/post-test, etc.) (10 pts)
o Process of data collection (10 pts)
o Descriiption of the measurement instrument to be used (survey, interview, observation, etc.) including how it aligns with the evaluation design (does the instrument make sense given the evaluation design) (10 pts)
It is best to stick with one measurement instrument
Application of Evaluation Findings (25 pts)
· Students will think critically about how the results of the evaluation plan will inform practice effectiveness considering each of the following:
o evidence based practice (how data from evaluation might inform future practice with diverse populations) (12 pts)
o service delivery outcomes (how data from evaluation might improve or change outcomes with diverse populations) (13 pts)
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the practice of cross-licensing, including the repercussions for smaller businesses?
- What was the main argument the author was trying to make?
- Write about the song “We are the World” by U.S.A for Africa.
- Write a paper that explains what you mean when you talk about procedures.
- Write a paper outlining the causes of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Write the instrumental and expressive functions of each group next to the group ( The primary group is usually fairly small and is made up of individuals who generally engage face-to-face in long-term, emotionally significant ways.
- Compose a paper on the topic of play therapy sessions and conceptualizations of cases.
- Compose a research paper outlining the process of designing a drawing.
- Discuss the cultural influences and/or challenges of the Indigenous Peoples that you learned about in the module.
- Write a research paper outlining the seven historical periods of Africa.