Write an analysis of “Because I Could Not Stop For Death,” by Emily Dickinson. Your analysis should interpret and read the literary text(s) through the lens of Psychological Criticism.
A literary analysis is a rhetorical construct or strategy that typically employs the following organizational pattern: first, an introduction presents the author(s) and text(s) to be examined, along with a certain amount of summary/synopsis of the work(s), and, of course, the papers thesis; next, a section of the paper is devoted to a brief discussion of the critical approach being used to direct the analysis, as well as relevant background material (biography, history, etc.); and then the paper provides a clear, close reading of the text(s), supported with specific examples and appropriate secondary sources.
As we progress through the unit, we will discuss in class more specific potential topics for the texts included in Unit 3. Remember, your essay should conform to MLA guidelines for format and documentation.
I encourage you to talk to me about your ideas and your paper. You may email your questions to me or come see me during office hours. Good luck, and please note the due date on the course outline for this assignment.
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.