Before you can decide which strategies will help you improve your
emotional intelligence, you need to know more about the current
emotional intelligence skills you possess. In this assignment, you will
take a short emotional intelligence test to learn more about your
strengths and weaknesses. Then, you will outline some strategies to
develop and improve on these skills.
Take the Emotional Intelligence test
and reflect on the results. Then, write a short paper to discuss the
results and describe an action plan to improve your emotional
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
Summarize the results of the test:
Explain whether you agree with it and why.
Describe what youve learned from it, such as your strengths and weaknesses.
Write at least two specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and
time-bound (SMART) goals to improve your emotional intelligence skills.
Describe the strategies you will use to reach these goals.
Guidelines for Submission
Write and submit a short paper that describes an action plan to improve your emotional intelligence skills.
Include all citations for resources you reference in APA format. I HAVE ATTACHED THE TESTING RESULTS.
- Develop a plan for recruitment, selection, and retention of employees.
- Explain the different aspects or types of this concept and/or how the term is related to other concepts.
- Response Plan for WMD Attack in Your Local Community.
- Describe Cultural Awareness/sensitivity in healthcare.
- Identify an area of technology that needs to be improved in your hospital, complete a gap analysis and present your findings with goals for improvement.
- Reflect on the relationship between the health policies and the top three health priorities outlined in the CHAP.
- Take a virtual tour any black history/Civil Rights/black art museum of your choosing.
- Describe Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology.
- What variation in the number and kind of aggression (e.g. physical, relational, manipulative, etc.) did you observe?
- Write a research paper outlining the five main purposes of case management.