1. Apply the EFQM Business Excellence model, using
relevant theory and concepts learnt on the module, to one organisation of your
choice. Draw on your analysis to identify and capture strengths and areas for improvement
to the chosen organisation (40%):
Criterion 4 – Partnerships & Resources:
i) How well do they build sustainable
relationships with their partners & suppliers?
ii) Do they manage their buildings, equipment,
and resources in a sustainable way?
Criterion 5 – Processes, Products and
i) Have they defined the key processes
required to deliver their strategy?
ii) Do they develop new, innovative products
2. Based on your analysis, offer, and justify
one operations/supply chain management strategy that the chosen organisation
could pursue to drive business excellence (40%)
Marks will be awarded for structure, presentation,
and quality of references (10%).
should draw on relevant theory, concepts and principles learnt on the module
throughout the report
Some advice on developing your strategy in Q2
You may wish to use the RADAR elements to help you
address questions 2. This may also influence the key points raised in your
What would success look like from this strategy?
Describe what the strategy looks like in terms of an approach or
What specific steps would the chosen organisation take to deliver this
Assessment & Refinement
How would the chosen organisation ensure the approach stays on track?
What else would they need to consider? Who else could they learn from?
Advice on the practical application of theory
There is an expectation that you go beyond learning
gained on the BMHPO module. This includes a need to conduct your own
research into the key themes underpinning the questions above using the
academic literature (e.g. journal articles and other credible sources).
You will need to briefly introduce your chosen
organisation to familiarise the reader with the appropriate context. There are
no marks for detailed background to the company. You are being assessed
on your reflections, interpretation, and application of theory in practice and
analytical reasoning using accepted academic practice and literature.
An essential feature of the report is to
illustrate how theoretical constructs or models can be
critically analysed and applied to organisations in practice.
You are advised to read widely. In
fact, unless you have read and referenced at least 15 discrete
references, it is unlikely that you have done sufficient reading (you
need to go beyond this to achieve higher marks).
This component is an academic assignment and
should be written in an appropriate style (e.g. using 3rd person).
You are required to present your report using
a clear coherent structure. A typical format will include an introduction,
conclusion, recommendations, full reference list, and any appropriate
appendices. You may use headings and subheadings.
You are required to use the APA referencing
style (6th edition)
throughout and can find guidance on this via the University Online Library
Beware of sources from the Internet (no
Wikipedia or business balls).
Apart from reputable and academic references
that can be downloaded through the Internet (commonly via the University
Online library catalogue); most Internet references are not
considered reliable for an academic piece of work. Academic
journals generally offer a better source than textbooks.
Your word limit for this assignment is 2500
ssignment A will be marked against five criteria
presented on the marking guide below. You are expected to demonstrate strong
critical thinking and analytical reasoning at postgraduate level. Please
make sure you are clear on these requirements and seek advice as required.
Brief summary and critique of the EFQM Business Excellence model
Application of the EFQM
Business Excellence model. Criterion 4 and 5 and theory in the context of the
Justification of supply
Bibliography (not included in the word count)
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.