Are older patients more likely to get pressure injuries in the hospital compared to a younger patient?
1. Identify a prevalent patient care related problem or a situation in your clinical
experience where you identified a problem in which you feel change is indicated.
2. Discuss the problem with your instructor and obtain approval to proceed with your
3. Select the key PICOT terms for searching the evidence. Clearly define your PICOT
question. List each element P (population, or problem), I (intervention), C (Comparison
with other treatment/current practice), and O (Desired outcome), T (Deferred). Can the
hypothesis be proven or disproven through evidence research?
4. Perform a literature search to provide evidence – based practice data to support the
5. Create your research paper using Microsoft Word. The length of the paper should be
between six and 10 pages and include a title and reference page. A minimum of eight
Page 1 of 2
peer reviewed, scholarly publication is required. The articles must be published within
the past five years.
6. APA (6th or 7th edition) format is required.
7. This research paper is worth 100 points.
The sections included are covered in specific detail within the rubric. Please review the rubric
1. Identify and describe the main issues of the quality improvement research
2. A description of the problem, the population affected, and the impact on
healthcare is explained.
3. The introduction clearly states the purpose of the research and includes a
4. The introduction is engaging and thought-provoking.
B. Problem and PICO(T) Question
1. The practice problem is described clearly.
2. A clear PICO(T) question is presented.
3. The practice problem is described from the student nurse perspective.
4. The impact on the population, nursing, and healthcare is discussed.
C. Evidence – Based Findings and Objectives
1. Two to three objectives are stated.
2. Evidence – based solutions are compared.
D. Literature Synthesis
1. Use eight to 10 scholarly articles.(2017 or newer)
2. Provide a synthesis of the three most relevant research articles.
1. Provide a detailed summary of the research results.
2. Cite literature to support statistical data.
1. Provide a summary of what was discussed and the conclusion with
Page 2 of 2
- Describe the data or evidence of the problem symptoms, e.g. with Pareto chart (Exhibit 1).
- Write a paper on teen pregnancy and the affect it has on low income communities. T
- What do researchers learn about the normal distribution from knowledge of the standard deviation?
- What was new or was interesting from your readings in Chapters 13?
- What are the best ways of evaluating public policies？
- Describe the applicable laws and policies (in the US and EU) of cyber defense responsibilities related to the handling of data as it pertains to issues of legal, ethical and/or agency auditing (i.e., in regulated industries such as banking, finance, healthcare, etc.).
- Explain the value of biostatistics in population health research.
- What did you initially know about academic integrity before viewing the presentation?
- Rhetorical analysis essay
- Explain how the performance demonstrates or challenges social norms, cultural stereotypes, and ethnic heritage, (as appropriate for the event itself).