GOAL: Build on your work with your business model canvas by discussing the patterns, the design, and the overall business strategy that it illustrates.
Introduction: Using the week 5 Learning Material in the Content area (coupled with the other resources of the course), examine and discuss the observable patterns, designs, and strategies seen in your business model. You should also integrate metaphors (Morgan’s) and framing (Bolman & Deal) into the discussion of your organization/business. This paper will serve as an investigative tool to inform you further about your business model so that you will be prepared to comprehensively diagnose/assess your model and propose recommendations in your final project for the course. You could say that this week’s work lays the groundwork for moving into the substantive diagnosis and assessment expected in your final paper. You may also benefit from conducting an Internet search of the Business Model Canvas to become comfortable with how it works, particularly in the investigation of patterns, design, and strategy. There are also various YouTube-type videos on the web that demonstrate the use of the canvas for this phase of your work with your canvas.
Instructions: Write a 600-750 word paper that presents your conclusions about the pattern(s), design(s), and overall business strategy depicted by your canvas. Metaphoric and framing applications should also be discussed. The paper should be written in third person and is not reflective (first person not acceptable). A title page and references page with a minimum of three sources is required (no abstract needed).
IMPORTANT NOTE: One of the common errors that students make in the writing of this paper is to limit the discussion of the “frames” (Bolman & Deal) and “metaphors (Morgan). Do not merely mention these items, but discuss the implications of them. What “frame” best depicts your organization and why? What does it tell you about the effectiveness of the context/perspective of the interactivity within of your model? Make the same sort of consideration in relation to the most appropriate metaphor that describes the functionality of your organization/business. Look for the “so what” in your consideration of pattern, design, and strategy. This is where the consideration and reflection based on your model—with added insight via the frames and metaphors—provides you a substantive understanding of the implications of the pattern, design, and strategy. Consideration of change, or confirmation of direction—will be revealed in this process.
Upload your paper (.doc) in the assignment section for grading. Follow the Submissions Guidelines as listed in the Syllabus: The various assignments for this course should be submitted as Word.doc attachments in the Assignment section. Do not use macros or automatic referencing in your papers for this course. The auto features usually cause unforeseen problems in format. Plus, part of the evaluation of this paper involves your proficiency in the essentials of the APA style format. Each file OF YOUR WORK should be named in the following manner: Last name–truncated Week Number-Assignment name (abbreviated if necessary)
For example: Smith-Wk05-Model Part 2
BEFORE YOU WRITE/SUBMIT YOUR PAPER Be sure to open and utilize the attached template.
All courses in the Management Program use APA format 7th edition. Below is more information on APA 7th edition.
APA 7th edition student paper template
APA 7th vs 6th side by side
APA 7th edition presentation
APA 7th edition guidelines
- Describe 4 ways you can make deposits in other people’s emotional bank accounts.
- Explain Plato Knowledge and Reality and relate to the Socratic method.
- What matters is if the story has TIP CUP values.
- Write a paper explaining patients’ rights as it relates to choice of treatment, consent for treatment, and refusal of treatment.
- What is the legacy of colonialism according to the various authors that we have read (be sure to reference at least three)?
- Write an essay on why qualifying with your weapon is important in the army/military.
- Describe the internal and external criticism that is used to evaluate middle range theories”.
- Discuss the types of behaviors that are typically exhibited by a facilitator in team meetings.
- Describe a scene (specific place) you remember from your childhood.
- Explain how Peter Funt builds an argument to persuade his audience that the digital age is making it more difficult to preserve one’s memories.