A 47-year-old male patient (A) presents to your office c/o painful and bleeding defecation that started a
couple of days ago. Pt also states that he noticed some intermittent pruritus on his back. Pt comes to
your consultation accompanied by his male husband of 45 years old (Patient B), who suddenly states to
you that he had noticed a painless blister on his genital area, but he is not quite sure when it
Patient A: With no past or family relevant history and with no known allergies (NKA).
Patient B: With a PMH of seasonal allergic rhinitis and NKA. No other family or relevant history.
On complete physical examination of both patients your assessment reveals the following findings:
On Patient A: You noticed a visible anal fissure in the inferior region of the anal sphincter. Besides, you
also noticed disseminated papules in the trunk and macules on palms and soles (as shown below).
Patient B: On examination, you noticed a visible ulceration in the genital area, and patient denies any
pain on palpation. On general assessment, no adenopathy noted or reported by patient (B).
Since both patients are a marital couple, you proceed with serological testing for each patient (A & B).
You suspect a sexually transmitted disease. On your verbal assessment, both patients (A&B) deny having
or being treating in the past for STDs in the past, to which you believe.
Patient A: Leukocytosis – Treponema (Positive) Non-Treponema (Positive) HIV (Negative) Hepatitis
Patient B: Treponema (Positive) Non-treponema (Negative) HIV (negative) Hepatitis (Negative)
——————— Do not include the above section in your paper. ONLY THE QUESTIONS BELOW——-
Please answer the following questions in APA format and include in-text references.
1) What serological lab works would you order to obtain the above results? (Be specific with the lab
2) What is the diagnosis for Patient A?
3) What is the diagnosis for Patient B?
4) What would it be the differential diagnosis for patient A and patient B? (be specific. Your diagnosis
contains stages. Therefore, be specific on them)
5) How are you going to treat Patient A? (Be specific and include the time of treatment)
6) How are you going to treat Patient B? (Be specific and include the time of treatment)
7) What would be the possible cause of this infection if both patients did not have any sexual encounter
outside their relationship in the last year? Again, you believe both patients did not have any sexual
encounter outside their marital sexual relationship.
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.