Please place your bids ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS Following the instructions in the video, enter your data set on an Excel worksheet. Be sure and use the labels provided in the data set. Then: Perform a correlation and regression on the data in Excel. Create a scatterplot with a regression line for your data using Excel In a separate Word document, discuss your findings (3-4 paragraphs) as if you were explaining to an individual the impact of soda consumption on weight. Is there a significant relationship between soda consumption and weight? Explain how you know this. Using your regression, predict how a person`s soda consumption will impact their weight (how much will drinking additional sodas increase an individual`s weight based upon your findings for this specific data set). Submit your completed Excel worksheet and Word document. To submit your second document, click "Add Another File" under your first file upload: We all know smoking causes cancer right? How do we know that? What was the true experiment that was conducted to determine this well known fact? How would you test to determine that smoking definitely causes cancer while controlling for all of the other factors that might contribute to an individual developing cancer? Consider this: Cancer has been proven to have a genetic component. Many carcinogens in the environment may contribute to the development of cancer. Many individuals that smoke also engage in other risky behaviors. Now let`s find our sample. To generalize to the entire population, we would need a representation of age groups, races and ethnicities, and gender. Then we would need to confirm that no member of the group has a genetic propensity for cancer through genetic screening. Next, we would need to isolate them all to the same environment, where they are all breathing the same air, drinking and eating the same beverages and foods, use the same personal hygiene items, the same laundry soap and bedding, etc. Now let`s conduct our experiment. Lung cancer rates increase beginning at age 40 and peak at age 70, but no data exists on the amount of time we would need to keep our sample in isolation. Given the data we do have, we would need to determine how long to conduct this longitudinal experiment. We would also need to ensure that they are smoking the same cigarettes, and the same number of cigarettes per day, unless that is, we are interested in how many cigarettes might cause cancer. In that case we might want to have one group smoke 10 cigarettes per day, another group smoke 20 cigarettes per day….and you get the point. This would be the only way to definitively determine a cause and effect relationship between smoking and cancer. In fact, the relationship that exists between the two is just that: a relationship, or to state it in statistical terms, a correlation. We know that correlation does not equal causation, so why does everyone agree with the statement that smoking causes cancer? Some situations do not lend themselves to true experimentation in the real world and may have severe ethical implications. Let`s examine how you can calculate a correlation and regression in Excel. YouTubeYOUTUBE Correlation and Regression with Excel This demonstration shows you how to get a correlation coefficient, create a scatterplot, insert the regression line, and get the regression equation for two … VIEW ON YOUTUBE Time: 5:31 Auto-Generated Closed Caption This video provides a more detailed explanation of correlation and regression and the output variables that Excel will calculate for you:
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.