Complete the 2 “essays” (see file below)
You are approached by the Director of a new
alternative program “Partners for Success” providing disenfranchised teens
placed at risk– teens who dropped out/expelled and who have abuse/neglect in
background/history – with academic, vocational, and counseling services. The
Director says, “With this demographic, you have to get off to the right start
or it will be escalations between staff and teens day-after-day or total
withdrawal. All staff need to understand what’s going on inside these teens and
how to appropriately guide and respond, whether it’s life skills and
responsibilities around the clinic, learning course material or vocational
skills, or in emotional counseling.” You are charged with putting on a
seminar for the PFS staff about the teen brain and best practices.
a. REFER TO
ASSIGNMENT 3B, Item 3a.
how abuse/stress impacted and caused disturbance in:
Prefrontal Cortex, Cortisol Levels, Amygdala
2. Persistent Fear
Response, Increased Internalization, Diminished Executive Functioning,
Complicated Social Interactions
at least 4 of those in your presentation. Explain to staff how it’s relevant to
understand the brain/circuitry, why these teens might be reactive, escalate.
b. THEN review some
of the sources on the Assignment Page. Come up with at least 5 suggestions for
making the experience work!
c. Finally, write up
your “presentation”! SAMPLE START: “Thank you for inviting me to present this
training seminar. We will explore how abuse/neglect/trauma influence the teen
brain and then highlight several evidence-based practices that you can take
can be typed lecture, ppt slides…whatever works!
1. Intro 2 pts
2. 4 Integrated areas
of the brain/disturbance (16pts). Must be explained for staff.
3. 5 strategies,
suggestions, principles and why they are effective (20 pts)
4. Cite sources in
presentation. 2 pts
Research a topic related to problems of development
a. Pick a problem of
development [SELECT ONLY 1 BELOW!!!]
Disorders: As a psychologist, explain to a group of high school students why
EDs are the deadliest disorder. (4 reasons why EDs are deadly)
As a counselor, explain to parents of high school students what might
distinguish normal teen brooding/moodiness from more serious clinical
disturbance. (4 ways to distinguish)
Abuse: As an addiction counselor, explain to [pick audience] the impact of
alcohol abuse on physical, psychological, emotional outcomes. (4 outcomes)
b. Type up your
3 stats and/or demographics related to your topic. 12
1. Find 1 website
that provides statistics and/or demographics related to the topic
4 major points about your ! 20
1. Find 2 websites
that provide explanations of your topic
the links to the websites. 1
sources in your reviews. 2
each review thoroughly, including description, explanation, elaboration.
d. DO NOT
cut/paste from the websites. The “Reviews” must be thoroughly written in YOUR
WORDS! Cite and use “quotes” where appropriate.
Assignment will be scored a 0 for any cut/paste material.
- Write a 1500-2000 word research proposal (approx. 5-8 pages) in which you will develop a research question based on the theoretical insights of one of the theorists we are learning about.
- Based on your interactions with the health care system, describe which model reflects the prevailing processes in your country.
- Work on a plan to advise an agency or organization or a community or a business on how to be more trauma-informed – and why it will be helpful. Think more deeply about how you can apply what we are covering in this introductory course into your own personal experience.
- Write an essay on “Putting Up with Hate is One Price of Free Speech” Make an argument either for or against “outrageous” speech being protected under the First Amendment. 1443358 4 hours ago Please write using simple words
- Write an essay reporting your efforts to find evidence of facilitative communicative acts in the recorded history of a group of people who worked on a project that eventually turned out to be highly successful. Describe and analyze 5 acts from the article by Raffi Khatchadourian, “We Know How You Feel,” that could be facilitative communicative acts that demonstrate why or how the team was successful.
- Prepare a planning sheet for Physical for toddlers, Teaching goal and Context area(whole child).
- Summarize seperately the following link into your own words.
- What is the claim related to globalization that you are choosing for your final paper?
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of research-based frameworks about learning
- Write a term paper discussing about cognitive maps as learning strategy.