You will research these artists online and write a paper following the
template below. Choose a major work by each artist. You will discuss the Form (how it looks), using the elements line, shape, space, color, value, texture, and if applicable time and motion.
Context (who made it including their history and cultural perspective), and Content (the subject
as well as the meaning) of each work.
Start you paper with a vivid description of the work. Discuss it in terms of the Elements of Art
as we learned them in the textbook. Answer questions such as: How big is it? What is it made
of? How does the artist employ line, texture, value, shape, color and light? Also discuss the
work in terms of the Principles of Design including balance, emphasis or focal point, scale and
proportion, unity/variety, and repetition and rhythm.
Then you will discuss briefly the Content of the work. At the most basic level Content includes
the subject matter. At a deeper level, something of the intended meaning would be included.
You have to research that.
Up to a third of your 1,000 words per artist should be made up from Context. When was the
piece made? What was going on at that time that affected the making of the work? Who made
it? What was the dominant style of the work? Or, how did the work fit in with the dominant
styles in play at the time of its creation?
Write at least 1000 words for each artist you have chosen. This is not a formal research paper
so you do not need to include citations. I want to see your own thoughts and words so do not
copy passages from references (these would not answer the above questions anyway), rather
Tell me in your own words how the artist has employed the Elements of Art and Principles of
Design as laid out in your text.
Your paper must be at least 2000 words.
I will attach the list of artists and please do not use chatgpt.
- The proposal: Exploting Sustainable Agriculture
- Discussion Post 4
- Analysis of the novel All The Light We Cannot See
- ANALYSE AND IDEATE A2: Individual Report (Jason 17/04/2023)
- Describe the implications of the proposed intervention to nursing education and practice.
- Written Response to Full-Class Reading/Viewing Assignment #2
- compare and contrast essay
- Medical Report Composition
- Find a post (or post a link to) a concept of Communication in Film (photo, short video, brief piece of writing, song, etc –that no one else in the class has posted to the blog yet) related to dealing with coronavirus. You may write about films, songs, etc dealing with isolation, exile, and illness. No two posts can be identical.
- Child Psychology