Describe an example of both a primary and secondary spinal cord injury.
Our discussion this week pertains to Spinal Cord Injuries. Primary spinal cord injury involves damage to vertebral or neural tissues from compression, traction, or shearing forces. Secondary spinal cord injury is related to ischemia, excitotoxicity, inflammation, edema, oxidative damage, and activation of necrotic and apoptotic cell death; it begins within minutes after injury and continues for weeks.
Some learners will use the same injury, such as a fall off of a horse. Describe how the patient experienced both primary and secondary injuries. Be sure to describe symptoms, implications, and testing that helped clinicians to classify the injury into these categories.
- Develop a plan for recruitment, selection, and retention of employees.
- Explain the different aspects or types of this concept and/or how the term is related to other concepts.
- Response Plan for WMD Attack in Your Local Community.
- Describe Cultural Awareness/sensitivity in healthcare.
- Identify an area of technology that needs to be improved in your hospital, complete a gap analysis and present your findings with goals for improvement.
- Reflect on the relationship between the health policies and the top three health priorities outlined in the CHAP.
- Take a virtual tour any black history/Civil Rights/black art museum of your choosing.
- Describe Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology.
- What variation in the number and kind of aggression (e.g. physical, relational, manipulative, etc.) did you observe?
- Write a research paper outlining the five main purposes of case management.