Your essay should follow these rules:
· Examine the essay question. Make sure you are answering all parts of the question, and not just describing the material presented. For example, for question 3, do not just describe the paradigm, but address empirical evidence. Read some original sources.
· Structure – you must structure the material in a way that allows for a logical sequence of ideas. Each paragraph / statement should follow sensibly from its predecessor. The essay should ‘flow’.
· Elements: You essay should have an introduction paragraph, a main body and a conclusion. These sections should all be linked.
· Each paragraph should comprise a main theme that is illustrated and developed through a number of points (supported by evidence).
· Knowledge and Understanding – recognise, recall and show understanding on a range of materials that accurately reflects the main theoretical perspectives. Evidence of wide reading is essential for higher grades.
· Critical Evaluation – arguments should be supported by appropriate evidence and/or theory from the literature. All facts MUST be cited. Evidence of independent thinking, insight and evaluation of the evidence.
Note: the publication of Mowrer (1947) in Harvard Educational Review is not accessible by any means. He cites this essay in peer-reviewed publications after 1947. Research that lead to the 1947 essay was published before this date.
Describe Mowrer’s two-process model of phobia AND explain why systematic desensitisation can treat arachnophobia.
Describe Mowrer’s two-process model of phobia
What is systematic desensitisation?
What is the procedure?
Explain how it works using Mowrer’s theory in the context of arachnophobia
No need to criticise, but can do if it fits: e.g., does the model provide a complete explanation?
DO NOT CHANGE THE QUESTION!
Answer the question that is set
Examine the question
Create your structure for answering
1500 words – 750/750 or 250/500/500/250
Intro (medium)/body (long)/conclusion (short)
Section headings are good: do not overdo it
Limit quoting from original text: if you can say it in your own words, do it
- Literacy Integration
- Care Coordination at the End-of-Life
- How do divergent immigration statuses (undocumented, lawful immigrant, U.S. citizen) among family members affect family relationships?
- Unit 3 Learning Strategies Powerpoint
- Variable Sales Forecast Model
- Integral theory
- Nature of Libraries and information science
- Acute Stress, Grief and Trauma –
- Organizational chart and Stakeholder relationship diagram
- Which of these stories stood out to you the most? Why? What are you still curious or confused about?