Watch the Documentary “thin” https://youtu.be/gsqWHMeSIZQ
Describe something you learned from the documentary and how that impacted you. For example, this can be in terms of how culture may influence eating disorders, the impact of the healthcare system, etc. Please connect your response directly to a specific part of the documentary.
4-6 sentences: NO more than 6!!
Thin a documentary film directed by Lauren Greenfield
- Write an article “Why there is a worldwide shortage of vanilla” by C.D. in The Economist.
- What were the most surprising things you learned from this article?
- Write a research essay explaining how one theme in the novel Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler provides insight into or comments on our contemporary world.
- Write a book review of the insecure city: space, power, and mobility in Beirut.
- What is most important to you about a bank – swag/freebies, customer service, lowest/competitive rates, or ease of online access/app usage?
- Briefly describe other elements of the work(s): the form, the style of language, verisimilitude, and other elements we’ve discussed in class.
- Write a research paper on drug use among first generation college student.
- Explain why Recreational Marijuana Should Be Legal?
- Write a research paper on whether the healthcare should be a fundamental human right.
- Discuss some of the factors that lead to the acceptance of false beliefs as well as some of the factors that lead us to recognize and reject false beliefs.