For this discussion, you will have the opportunity to describe the dominant and alternative viewpoints on your community issue gathered from your two stakeholder interviews in Week 5. You will also be able to reflect on how your knowledge gained from your observation exercise influenced your ability to identify and understand varying viewpoints. This discussion will allow you to gain a more comprehensive understanding of how stakeholders may view your community issue differently, which may influence decision making. Beginning the process of social change is not an easy feat; however, with a more thorough understanding of how stakeholders view community issues, the easier it will be to implement processes, strategies, and actions to create positive social change.
Initial Post To begin this discussion, review the article, How Americans really feel about their country on 33 key issues and watch, Social change starts by paying attention (13:12) to help develop your understanding of dominant and alternative viewpoints and what this looks like for societal issues.
After reviewing these resources, provide responses to the following questions:
Describe the dominant and alternative viewpoints on your community issue you discussed during your stakeholder interviews.
Discuss why it is important to understand dominant and alternative viewpoints when addressing community issues?
What influence might a person’s implicit biases have on how he or she perceives these dominant and alternative viewpoints? How might these biases skew one’s perceptions?
Explain how these dominant and alternative viewpoints are both important when seeking to affect positive social change and why might this be important to addressing your community issue?
How might the knowledge gained from your observation exercise in week 5 helped in your ability to identify and understand varying viewpoints?
- Discuss the ethical considerations relating to surrogate motherhood and contraception.
- How can students improve their reading skill by using Metacognitive strategies
- Describe a quality improvement program you would design in your LTC facility and why you chose that particular measure? Who would you include on your team? Focus on choosing an area that aligns with one of the 6 AIMS.
- Quality and lean operation
- Customer service skills response
- Health Care Ethics Case Studies
- The Maus I&II by Spiegelman begins with Hitler’s quote: “The Jews are undoubtedly a race, but they are not human.”
- Find Trends in Your Profession (My desired profession is HR)
- Hilbert Spaces
- utilitarian argument