Describe the function of leadership in a high-performing team in a research article. write a 5-7 page preliminary paper as part of an article pitch for Harvard Business Review (HBR) based on a strategic digital transformation topic chosen from one of the industry problem scenarios developed for the course.
For this second assessment, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your expertise related to leading digital transformation, as you will be able to work from a scholar-practitioner perspective. You will have the opportunity to select an overarching business scenario relevant to today’s business environment and meaningful to high performance leadership professionals. You will develop an abbreviated project proposal to conceptualize ideas that are relevant to leadership professionals.
As you read through and select one of three scenarios to conceptualize a project topic for your assessments in this course, keep in mind that you will be using your chosen scenario to write a preliminary paper and practitioner article proposal. The topic that you explore will later be used to develop a proposed business study. The objective is to apply the concepts you are learning to find a business problem that can be studied, utilizing the same practice you will use to develop your capstone project proposal.
Note: Assessments in this course are designed to be completed in the order they are presented in the courseroom. Please make sure you are completing them in order.
This is the first of four assessments for this course:
1. Harvard Business Review Preliminary Essay and Article Proposal.
2. Business Project Idea: Developing a Business Study.
3. Designing the Project: Developing a Business Study.
4. Harvard Business Review Summit Virtual Presentation.
For this assessment you will prepare an article pitch for Harvard Business Review (HBR) and continue to develop your literature matrix, synthesizing trends in the field of leadership to envision scenarios encompassing emerging problems and gaps in practice.
Select one leading digital transformation topic from the course Industry Problem Scenarios to use as the subject of your article:
• Scenario 1: Leading Digital Transformation in Retail.
• Scenario 2: Leading in an Environment Using Artificial Intelligence.
• Scenario 3: Leading Using Business Intelligence and Knowledge Management Systems.
Using the course resources and other scholarly, peer-reviewed, or qualitative or quantitative empirical research on leading digital transformation, compare your findings to practitioner articles to write a three-page scholarly essay in which you address the following:
• Evaluate the positive and negative aspects for leaders who are responding to the digital transformation of the business environment, comparing the findings in the scholarly and practitioner literature.
o Make sure your evaluation considers the impacts and aspects of business performance.
• Describe ways leaders are adapting to business problems with business model innovation in the digital age by integrating scientific information, business reports, and company examples.
o Use the course readings and other resources that you have found in the scholarly and practitioner literature as the basis for your description.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of leadership strategies used to create a competitive advantage in a digital world based on models, theories, and practices.
You will use these scholarly reflections to inform the development of your article proposal for Part 2 of your assessment.
Prepare a Harvard Business Review article proposal package based on a leading digital transformation topic. Start by browsing Harvard Business Review articles in the strategy and innovation topics areas and reviewing the Harvard Business Review’s Guidelines for Contributors.
Write a proposal to the editor for an article that you would like to develop, addressing the following points. It does not need to be in a question-and-answer format.
• What is the central message of the article you propose to write?
• What is important, useful, new, or counterintuitive about your idea?
• Why do managers need to know about it? How can your idea be applied today?
• What is the source of your authority? On what previous work does this idea build?
• What academic, professional, or personal experience will you draw on?
Be sure to use citations and references for your article proposal to support your main points. Your proposal should be based on a specific business problem and gap in practice related to your chosen topic.
Add all resources used in your assessment and complete the required fields in the DBA Capstone Literature Matrix Template [XLSX] Download DBA Capstone Literature Matrix Template [XLSX]and include it with your submission.
As you complete your assessment, be sure your submission meets the following guidelines:
• Capstone Literature Matrix: Submit the completed literature matrix filled for your selected articles.
• Written communication: Use error-free doctoral-level writing, with original (nonplagiarized) content, logical phrasing, and accurate word choices.
• APA formatting: Format all references and citations according to current APA style and formatting guidelines. Refer to Academic Writer as needed.
• Font and font size: Use a consistent, APA-compliant font, 12 points.
• Length: Submit a 5–7 double-spaced page proposal package plus your literature matrix Excel file.
• File naming protocol: Follow the standard naming conventions for any files you upload. Refer to the DBA Submissions Requirements for details.
• Scholarship: Use at least eight scholarly and professional sources to support your main points and analysis; five sources must be used to support Part 2 and be included in the literature matrix. Course readings may be included among the five required sources.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
• Competency 1: Write abbreviated project proposals to conceptualize ideas, which are valid and meaningful to leadership professionals.
o Develop an article proposal on a leading digital transformation topic that follows the provided content and format guidelines.
o Use varied sentence structures and correct grammar to convey clear meaning and engage readers.
o Apply APA style and formatting to scholarly writing.
• Competency 2: Evaluate the integration of scientific information and scholarly frameworks into the standards and processes for publications and conferences relevant to project interests.
o Evaluate the effectiveness of strategies companies use to create a competitive advantage in a digital world.
o Create a literature matrix that documents and justifies the scholarly and professional resources used to support the article proposal.
• Competency 5: Synthesize trends in field of leadership to envision scenarios encompassing emerging problems and gaps in practice.
o Evaluate the positive and negative aspects for leaders responding to the digital transformation of the business environment, comparing the findings in the scholarly and practitioner literature.
o Describe ways leaders are adapting to business problems with business model innovation in the digital age.
- What variation in the number and kind of aggression (e.g. physical, relational, manipulative, etc.) did you observe?
- Write a research paper outlining the five main purposes of case management.
- Write a research paper that examines root cause analysis and affinity diagrams.
- What questions do you have for your faculty member and course colleagues about publishing your research and the DTP Workshop?
- Write a research paper outlining the significance of observing both verbal and nonverbal cues in conversation.
- Write a research report addressing the question: Is metformin (intervention) a more effective way to manage type 2 diabetes in older people (population) than chlorpropamide (comparator)?
- Compose a study describing how to handle a challenge in a presentation.
- Write a research paper that examines the Intelligence Case Study “Colin Powell’s speech at the United Nations on February 5, 2003.”
- Write a research paper on the interactions and overlaps between leadership and communications.
- Write a research paper on the topic of student-centered learning facilitation.