NOTE: You must answer all three questions below to receive credit.*
Use the case study below
1. Describe the functions of the following components of gastric juice: Hydrochloric acid, Pepsinogen, Pepsin, Intrinsic factor.
2. Why don’t the components of gastric juice damage the wall of the stomach in the absence of a H. pylori infection?
3. Why don’t most other types of bacteria produce ulcers?
Roger, a sixty-four year old retail store manager, had recently been waking up in the middle of the night and experiencing during the middle of the day abdominal pain. This was happening on a regular basis. He decided to consult a physician.
The doctor noted that Roger seemed fine other than his stomach discomfort.
Roger was referred to a specialist in internal medicine and had a procedure called an endoscopy. The endoscopy was performed at a hospital. During the procedure, a long, thin tube was inserted into Rogers’s mouth and directed into his digestive tract. The end of the tube was equipped with a light source and a small camera which allowed the doctor to observe the interior of Roger’s stomach. The endoscope was also equipped with a small claw-like structure that the doctor could use in order to obtain a small tissue sample from the lining of Roger’s stomach, if needed.
The endoscopy revealed that Roger had a peptic ulcer. Analysis of a tissue sample taken from the site showed that Roger had an infection that was caused by Helicobacter pylori bacteria. Roger was given prescriptions for two different antibiotics and a medication that would decrease the secretion of stomach acid. Roger scheduled a return appointment for another endoscopy procedure in 6 months.
- Choose two of the three following prompts for your midterm response.
- The purpose of this assignment is to reflect on the passion narratives, specifically, how do the events in the final week of Jesus’ life inform Christian life today?
- Week 7 Critical Thinking Assignment- Cody
- “The exclusion of any group – whether on the basis of gender, class, sexual orientation, religion or race- involves cultural definitions of the members of that group as less than fully human.” (Bunch 1995, 12) Critically discuss.
- Analyzing Published Research
- Are gross motor skills associated with social functioning in autistic children
- how Walt Disney organized people (managed them) and how he influenced these people (led them) to reach organizational objectives
- Build on your work with your business model canvas by discussing the patterns, the design, and the overall business strategy that it illustrates.
- Freelancer needed to retype words in jpeg to word document and covert to PDF file interested person inbox via link: https://t.me/Veronicasamuya
- A brief summary identifying the consequences of academic integrity violations