Option #1: Innocence Project Cases
In 1992, the Innocence Project was founded by Peter Neufeld and Barry Scheck at Cardozo School of Law, exonerating the wrongly convicted through DNA testing and reforms in the criminal justice system to prevent injustice.
For example, Mecklenburg County District Attorney Andrew Murray filed legal papers on February 16th dismissing the indictments against Timothy Bridges, who wrongly served over 25 years for a rape and burglary, based in large part on the erroneous testimony of an FBI-trained state hair analyst who claimed that Bridges’ hair linked him to two hairs found at the scene. Bridges was released on October 1, 2015, after prosecutors consented to vacating Bridges’ 1991 convictions (Links to an external site.).
Please visit the website of the Innocent Project (Links to an external site.).
Research the cases and choose two cases that have been exonerated through flawed forensic evidence examination.
Provide an overview of the two cases.
Identify the physical evidence that led to the conviction.
Discuss the flaws in the physical evidence evaluation.
Provide suggestions on how to strengthen the examinations of forensic evidence.
Discuss if there is a need for standardization of forensic science disciplines.
Your paper must meet the following requirements:
Your written paper should be 3-4 pages in length not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include.
18 hours ago
Please edit and use what you can from what I have done to rewrite to meet the instructions.
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.