Discuss potential reasons for the under-representation of women in science and academics.
1. How do gender biases and inequalities relate to the type of biases we found in sports in terms of either racism and/or context effects? List and describe at least three sources of gender discrimination or inequalities which are referenced and discussed in these articles.
2. For each source you listed, identify whether it relates to a type of racial or context discrimination effect that we observe in sports (i.e., is this whistle-swallowing or personal, social, or institutional sexism?). Be sure to explain or justify why you think each source of sexism is best identified as this type of discriminatory behavior we found sports.
3. Comment on whether you think there are important ways in which the sport and academic settings are different. Is there something you have learned by comparing the two?
- Navigating Black Swan Events Research
- Unveiling the Blue Wall of Silence Research
- Strategies for Building a Nursing Portfolio Research
- Exploring ‘The Day of the Dead’ and Cultural Resonance Essay
- Transitioning to Activity-Based Costing at Pathos Radiology Center Essay
- The Complex Relationship Between Society and Food Essay
- The Potential of Vision Impaired Teaching and Social Work Careers Essay
- Examining the Right to Die Debate in Oregon Essay
- Plot Structure and Narrative Engagement in Ray Bradbury’s ‘The Veldt’ Research
- Rethinking Capital Punishment Research