Discuss potential reasons for the under-representation of women in science and academics.
1. How do gender biases and inequalities relate to the type of biases we found in sports in terms of either racism and/or context effects? List and describe at least three sources of gender discrimination or inequalities which are referenced and discussed in these articles.
2. For each source you listed, identify whether it relates to a type of racial or context discrimination effect that we observe in sports (i.e., is this whistle-swallowing or personal, social, or institutional sexism?). Be sure to explain or justify why you think each source of sexism is best identified as this type of discriminatory behavior we found sports.
3. Comment on whether you think there are important ways in which the sport and academic settings are different. Is there something you have learned by comparing the two?
- Explain using facts and concepts studied and examples along with reference to your research findings.
- What other information should the nurse obtain with regard to previous visits to other doctors about this concern?
- Discuss about why branded content is used the most in sports sponsorship.
- What forces does this case describe operating in Foxconn’s global environment?
- Is it possible to identify the specific cause or causal factors of an event?
- What do you believe was showcased as a legitimate way of working/processing a crime scene?
- What influenced Barre-Sinoussi’s current relationship with Bob Gallo?
- Describe how an understanding of history is important for making sense of contemporary issues of crime, policing, or incarceration.
- Is the wireless network you own as secure as it should be?
- What are the key characteristics of this cultural group, such as language, values, and customs?