There are various factors in making decisions to charge an individual with a crime. There are also stages and rules of trial by jury and rules of entering a guilty plea. This discussion asks you to examine plea agreements and the trial process. Please thoroughly discuss each of the following: Discuss some of the reasons why a prosecutor would offer a defendant a plea agreement. Discuss your thoughts on plea bargaining. Discuss the constitutional requirements of entering a guilty plea. What is the difference between a bench trial and a jury trial? Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each. Do you think the prosecutor is given too much discretion to determine the charges placed on a defendant? Do you think the prosecutor is given too much discretion to offer a defendant a plea agreement? Discuss why and remember to support your position. Part 2: Based on the facts provided to you in week 1 part #2, the investigation report, the confession by Mayo and the witness statements made by Dietz and Joe answer the following: If you were the defense attorney representing Mayo would you try to negotiate a plea agreement on his behalf or go to trial? The prosecutor is given a lot of discretion in the criminal court process. If you were the prosecutor would you try to negotiate a plea agreement or go to trial? Discuss why and make sure to support your position. Also, discuss the pros and cons to each.
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.