Discuss your experience and what features you found most helpful in the free Web-based EHR website to facilities and physicians. How can these features assist the physician or facility in providing a high quality of care? Please post your answers on the Discussion Board. Respond to at least two of your classmates.
Discussion responses should be on topic, original, and contribute to the quality of the discussion by making frequent informed references to lesson material. Initial discussion responses should be around 100 words.
Make two or more responses to classmates that are thoughtful and that advance the discussion. Responses to your classmates or instructor should be around 75 words.
These past 10 weeks have come and gone so fast, and I’m glad I was able to experience it with all of you as now we are one step closer to being able to pursue our careers within the healthcare field. I work in a doctors office so using an EHR system is something I’m familiar and comfortable with using on an everyday basis. The EHR system that I use with my current position is AthenaHealth, the perks of working with a web based EHR system is that this is a cloud based system so I can work from home to finish documentation when we have no patients on certain days which all the data has been stored on the cloud of this EHR system which makes for easier access regardless of being on site or not. The way this system helps our patients and providers is the way patients are able to have access to their health information with the capability of also being able to message providers and staff for any concerns. Providers are able to have easy access to medical information
To start the discussion I would like to say that it’s been a great ten weeks in this course. I enjoyed interacting with everyone through the discussion posts.
I do not have any experience using an EHR system, but I have learned a lot about it throughout this course. There are some features I found most helpful in the free web-based EHR website for facilities and physicians. Some of the features are access to patient medical records, medications, diagnoses, treatment plans, laboratory and test results, etc. (Health IT, 2019). These features can assist the physician or facility by allowing access to evidence-based tools that healthcare providers can utilize to make decisions about a patient’s care. All of these features can help provide the best quality of care for patients.
Health IT. (2019, September 10). What is an electronic health record (EHR)? Health IT. Retrieved September 11, 2022, from https://www.healthit.gov/faq/what-electronic-health-record-ehr
- The Crucial Role of Communication in Sports Teamwork Research
- Comparative Analysis of NFL Protests and Civil Rights Activism Research
- Navigating the Requirements and Trends in Intelligence and Security Employment Analysis
- The Bloods Gang: History, Symbols, and Impact on American Society Essay
- Balancing Social Influence and Evidence-Based Policies Essay
- Unveiling the Truth Behind Imaginative Stereotypes Research
- Analyzing the Disillusionment with the American Dream in Arthur Miller’s ‘Death of a Salesman Essay
- Exploring Themes of Resilience and Education in ‘The Children’s Blizzard’ by Melanie Benjamin Essay
- Diplomacy, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, and the ‘Empire of Liberty’ Research
- Exploring South Asian American Identity, Activism, and Media Representation in Contemporary Society Essay