We’ve already talked quite a bit about the importance of local languages for culture and identity. Our question for this week is In what ways does the extinction of local languages threaten the study of the natural world?
In roughly 150-200 words, citing one or two specific examples from the readings in Harrison and Conner, talk about the ways in which local languages encode useful information about the natural world, and whether or not this information can reasonably be salvaged before these languages become extinct. You will not receive full credit for participation if you do not address the material covered in the readings, citing them by the author and page numbers.
You will also be expected to offer a response to one of your classmates. This can take the form of a counterpoint (disagreeing with your classmate’s position, and offering evidence to the contrary), or a supporting argument (offering additional information to support the claim of your classmate). For this response, you need not be limited to the material covered in this week’s readings.
Login with netid: zf84 pass word: ONEpiece1999
to read Harrison’s reading: https://oxford-universitypressscholarship-com.proxy.libraries.rutgers.edu/view/10.1093/acprof:oso/9780195181920.001.0001/acprof-9780195181920-chapter-2
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.