Watch the ESPN documentary, 30 for 30: The Price of Gold, covering the Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan controversy.
Write a 800-1000 word paper that addresses the following:
1. Evaluate how well the behavior of Tonya Harding and/or her associates qualifies as sabotage, spiteful, and/or violent (be clear about each definition and which ones fit).
2. Document how the structure and rewards of figure skating tournaments (especially for the Olympic gold) fit within or illustrate the concepts and explanations from this class for what makes sabotage, spite and violence more likely in sports.
3. Reflecting upon content in this module, are there ways to make Olympic Figure Skating less susceptible to these types of behaviors and rivalries?
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.