Keller, T., & Alsdorf, K. L. (2012). Every Good Endeavor: Connecting Your Work to God’s Work. New York: Dutton.
Keller (2014) states “we must love our neighbor, but Christianity gives us very specific teachings about human nature and what makes human beings flourish. We must make sure that our work is done in line with these understandings. Faithful work, then, is to operate out of a Christian Worldview” (p. 21).
The different Christian traditions “give somewhat different answers of how we should go about the task of recapturing vocation. The streams are often confusing to Christians, for they are not perfectly complementary to one another” (Keller, 2014, p.21).
We are going to reflect on some of these sentiments that Keller introduces in Every Good Endeavor.
You will reflect on the following prompt:
“The way to serve God is to work from a Christian motivation
to glorify God, seeking to engage and influence culture to that end.”
You should complete the assigned reading from Keller’s book for the week. You will then write a 250-word reflection on the prompt associated with the week you are completing (see below). In your reflection, you should discuss your agreement or disagreement with the quote and utilize one additional peer-reviewed source in your writing. Please include an abstract & all resources must be from peer-reviewed articles (journals).
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.