Please answer TWO questions from chapters 7-12.
Write an answer of approximately 200-250 words in each case. Write out the question
before you write your answer and be sure in your answer to show that you
understand the concepts of the question. If you make reference to a source,
please be sure to name the source.
7. How does Kuhns political analogy work to illustrate the stages of crisis and revolution in science?
8. What does Popper believe is the status of a theory that has been tested many times with only positive results?
9. How do scientific realists argue for their position, and why do they think it is necessary to do so?
10. How is the Underdetermination Thesis used to argue for scientific antirealism?
11. Are scientists such as those working on the Manhattan Project morally responsible for the uses their work is put to?
12. Explain how one of the conflicts between science and religion might be resolved by adopting an antirealist stance either toward science or toward religion.
- Describe 4 ways you can make deposits in other people’s emotional bank accounts.
- Explain Plato Knowledge and Reality and relate to the Socratic method.
- What matters is if the story has TIP CUP values.
- Write a paper explaining patients’ rights as it relates to choice of treatment, consent for treatment, and refusal of treatment.
- What is the legacy of colonialism according to the various authors that we have read (be sure to reference at least three)?
- Write an essay on why qualifying with your weapon is important in the army/military.
- Describe the internal and external criticism that is used to evaluate middle range theories”.
- Discuss the types of behaviors that are typically exhibited by a facilitator in team meetings.
- Describe a scene (specific place) you remember from your childhood.
- Explain how Peter Funt builds an argument to persuade his audience that the digital age is making it more difficult to preserve one’s memories.