Explain how the Post-WWII development of music ministry changes the church’s landscape and
local worship practices.
The Post-WWII development of music ministry brought about changes in the church’s
landscape and local worship practices. One of the most significant changes was the introduction
of contemporary worship music. This new style of music was more accessible to the average
person and allowed for a more personal connection to the worship experience. 1 . Additionally, the
development of music technology allowed worship leaders to reach a wider audience with their
music. 2 . Thus, it led to the growth of megachurches and other large-scale worship organizations.
How did the development of church music education in colleges and seminaries impact
One way that the development of church music education in colleges and seminaries
moved congregational worship was by providing a more formalized education in music theory
and history. Therefore, it allowed for a greater understanding of the music gets performed in
worship and also allowed for a greater level of technical proficiency 3 . Additionally, the
development of church music education helped create a more standardized approach to worship
music across congregations, which helped create a more unified experience for worshippers.
Finally, the development of church music education also helped develop a greater appreciation
for congregational worship among church leaders and members.
1 Lamport, Mark A., Benjamin Forrest, and Vernon M. Whaley, eds. Hymns and Hymnody: Historical and
Theological Introductions, Volume 3. BoD–Books on Demand, 2020.
2 Dowley, Tim. Christian Music: A global history (revised and expanded). SPCK, 2018.
How has church music/worship education changed over the last century?
One significant way that church music/worship education has changed over the last
century is in the development and use of resources. In the past, music educators often relied on
word-of-mouth to learn new repertoire and find new ways to teach old repertoire. However, with
the advent of the internet and social media, there are now a wealth of resources available to help
music educators develop new ways to teach old and new material. 4 . Another significant change
in church music/worship education is how churches have shifted their focus from exclusively
hymnody to incorporating all forms of worship into their services. In the past, church musicians
would often be limited to playing only hymns during services. 5 . However, with the advent of
contemporary worship music, churches now allow their musicians to play a wider variety of
music, including worship anthems, secular songs, and even pop songs.
4 Mouw, Richard J. Wonderful Words of Life: Hymns in American Protestant History and Theology. Wm. B.
Eerdmans Publishing, 2004.
5 Dowley, Tim. Christian Music: A global history (revised and expanded). SPCK, 2018.
Dowley, Tim. Christian Music: A global history (revised and expanded). SPCK, 2018.
Lamport, Mark A., Benjamin Forrest, and Vernon M. Whaley, eds. Hymns and Hymnody:
Historical and Theological Introductions, Volume 3. BoD–Books on Demand, 2020.
Mouw, Richard J. Wonderful Words of Life: Hymns in American Protestant History and
Theology. Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing, 2004.
What aspects of the book Deep & Wide and The Prodigal Church have stood out the most to you thus far in your reading? (Be sure to cite a specific example from each book.)
How are the books similar in their approach? (Address the theological and philosophical approaches, not grammar or writing styles.)
How are the books dissimilar in their approach?
- Choose two of the three following prompts for your midterm response.
- The purpose of this assignment is to reflect on the passion narratives, specifically, how do the events in the final week of Jesus’ life inform Christian life today?
- Week 7 Critical Thinking Assignment- Cody
- “The exclusion of any group – whether on the basis of gender, class, sexual orientation, religion or race- involves cultural definitions of the members of that group as less than fully human.” (Bunch 1995, 12) Critically discuss.
- Analyzing Published Research
- Are gross motor skills associated with social functioning in autistic children
- how Walt Disney organized people (managed them) and how he influenced these people (led them) to reach organizational objectives
- Build on your work with your business model canvas by discussing the patterns, the design, and the overall business strategy that it illustrates.
- Freelancer needed to retype words in jpeg to word document and covert to PDF file interested person inbox via link: https://t.me/Veronicasamuya
- A brief summary identifying the consequences of academic integrity violations