Performance Critique Paper Guidelines
Please critique ONE performance chosen from the list below in a 1-2 page essay. This should should serve as the culmination of your understanding of dance as we have discussed all semester. Your critique must answer all the questions below, and follow this format: Heading should be in the upper left corner and a title should be centered. Your paper should be a 1-2 page essay, size 12 Times New Roman font, double-spaced, with one-inch margins. Make sure to proofread and make necessary revisions. You will be graded on format, spelling, and grammar, as well as responses to each question:
1) Please provide the title of the chosen dance work, the name of the choreographer, and the names of the dancers/dance company performing the work in the captured performance.
2) Identify and describe how Space, Time, and Energy was used in this work. Thoroughly escribe how the elements were used in the dance and how they created meaning for the viewer.
3) Identify how the production elements Costuming, Lighting, and Setting were used in this work. Thoroughly describe how the elements were used in the dance and how they created meaning for the viewer.
4) How do you think the cultural and historical background of the choreographer might have influenced how this work is presented?
5) By viewing this work, what conclusions can you reach about the choreographer’s views of the world? Consider spirituality, politics, economics, race or ethnicity, gender identity, etc.
6) Does this work remind you of any other dance or art work you have viewed either inside or outside of this class? How is it similar or different?
7) What do you think the choreographer meant to communicate with this work? If you could ask the choreographer anything, what would it be?
an hour ago
Deca Dance choreography by Ohad Naharin, performed by Batsheva Dance Company – Click HERE
an hour ago
- Choose two of the three following prompts for your midterm response.
- The purpose of this assignment is to reflect on the passion narratives, specifically, how do the events in the final week of Jesus’ life inform Christian life today?
- Week 7 Critical Thinking Assignment- Cody
- “The exclusion of any group – whether on the basis of gender, class, sexual orientation, religion or race- involves cultural definitions of the members of that group as less than fully human.” (Bunch 1995, 12) Critically discuss.
- Analyzing Published Research
- Are gross motor skills associated with social functioning in autistic children
- how Walt Disney organized people (managed them) and how he influenced these people (led them) to reach organizational objectives
- Build on your work with your business model canvas by discussing the patterns, the design, and the overall business strategy that it illustrates.
- Freelancer needed to retype words in jpeg to word document and covert to PDF file interested person inbox via link: https://t.me/Veronicasamuya
- A brief summary identifying the consequences of academic integrity violations