Interview a person who has been in their profession for at least three years and discuss ways in which they made decisions about pursuing that particular career.
How did they end up in this career? How and from whom did they gather information about this career? How did their resulting expectations match up with their lived experiences?
What is their level of satisfaction in this career? What factors influence these levels?
In what ways do they plan to continue to change and grow in their profession? What does the future look like? What are changes in the field and the opportunities for advancements?
What are the concerns they have about the career and some of their struggles? These may be directly related to their employment or how it balances with other aspects of their lifestyle.
How does this career balance with their personal life (family, friends, hobbies, etc.)? Are there ever conflicts?
What recommendations would this person give to someone thinking about this career?
Write a 5-to-6-page APA style paper. Do not simply summarize the answers you received. Synthesize the information and use it to comment on all of the following prompts, using level headings as bookmarks for your reader:
Briefly, set the scene. How did you meet this person? Why did you pick them? How/when did you talk?
Data: Give a brief demographic description of your subject, but do not include identifying information. Give a concise history of their education/job history to date.
What cultural and social factors you would want to consider when planning their care (i.e., identities, access to education, earned/unearned privilege)?
What career counseling theories/concepts do you use to conceptualize this person’s experiences? Please use at least two contrasting theories from our text.
What interventions might you use to strengthen their career satisfaction and/or enhance their efficacy in their work? Please use at least one assessment and one internet resource.
What other aspects of their lifestyle (aka, wellness wheel, bio-psycho-social factors, lifespace, etc) might be targets for them to address, and how would their current career/lifestyle interact/intersect/conflict with those goals?
What was it like to complete this assignment? What did you learn/consider that you wouldn’t have otherwise?
Use at least two additional peer-reviewed articles to support your work.
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.