Listed below are topic(s) I would like for each of you to discuss throughout the week. Refer to the textbook, weekly materials, and/or the GMC library when researching the topics for this Discussion Forum. Put your writing into your own words, do not copy directly from the source. If you incorporate external resources (http://gmcga.libguides.com/periodicals) in your posts be sure to cite (https://gmcga.libguides.com/citationmanagement/APA7th) them properly. Lastly, review how to paraphrase and quote resources before you begin posting (http://gmcga.libguides.com/c.php?g=458&p=996448).
Discuss the digital divide in terms of access to computers and other digital devices as well as the Internet and telecommunication infrastructures. Discuss the purpose of the ICT Development Index (IDI) in relation to the digital divide. What are some of the social concerns related to the digital divide and how are these being resolved? What are your thoughts on the digital divide in your community and how it is being resolved?
Consider that you are in the market to purchase a new computer. Research to find several computers that will meet your needs currently and into the future a few years. Discuss some of the specifications and components that will be required in the computer that you purchase. Describe the computer that you selected and the reasons for your selection as the best computer to meet your needs.
Task 1: Create a new discussion topic on or before the due date in the Course Syllabus -> Course Schedule by clicking the ‘**REPLY HERE**’ post below. In your reply, you will post your response to the main topic. Your response should be a minimum of 150 words. Going over the minimum word length requirement is acceptable; however, I am not looking for 500+ words!
- Watch the YouTube Video entitled: (1) Great Transition: The Origin of Humans. (Link of the video : https://youtu.be/Yjr0R0jgct4 Write a paragraph on each of the 10 terms below. Not more than five sentences each term.
- Written Case Analysis
- Summarize the development of feminist criminology, critical race theory and peacemaking theory. Examine the critiques of these critical theories.
- Medical Terminology: Digestive and Urinary
- Examine the development of social control theory. Compare and contrast the social control theory by Hirschi versus the life course theory by Sampson & Laub.
- What impact might research methods have on the future of the field of psychology?
- Summarize Social Disorganization Theory and describe its development and evolution. Examine the empirical tests of Social Disorganization Theory.
- Examine the impact of refusing a customer’s order because of lack of supply of the product versus accepting the order and failing to deliver
- Describe the conceptions of deviance. Assess why theory is important to our understanding on deviance. Examine the basic difference between research questions for inductive versus deductive research in deviance.
- Should the police force be required to wear body cams?