Read the following case study and answer the posed questions
Case #1: A 64-year-old man presents to the emergency department with abdominal pain and distention, as well as constipation of 8 days’ duration. He denies vomiting, fever, diarrhea, or dysuria. Except for hypertension, he is otherwise healthy with no prior surgeries.
His vital signs are normal except for a borderline pulse of 99 bpm. His physical examination is unremarkable except for his abdomen, which is large, rotund, and tympanitic. There is diffuse tenderness everywhere in the abdomen.
What history would you want to obtain?
What differential diagnoses would you consider?
List and describe the specific diagnostic tests you might order to determine cause of his concern?
Kyle is a 58-year-old man who is experiencing lower abdominal discomfort nausea and diarrhea lasting 2 days. He thought he had eaten something that “disturbed his stomach” but since this has lasted so long, he is afraid it’s something serious.
As you obtain a history from this patient what differential diagnoses are you considering. Give rational for your choices.
Discuss the pathophysiologic relationship between nausea and vomiting?
Three days after Kyle’s initial visit his labs confirmed a diagnosis of cirrhosis.
Discuss the pathophysiologic relationship between cirrhosis and portal hypertension.
Cite current research findings, national guidelines, and expert opinions and controversies found in the medical and nursing literature to support your position and suggestions.
Responses need to address all components of the question, demonstrate critical thinking and analysis, and include peer reviewed journal evidence to support the student’s position.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA for
example of assignment attached this example cannot be plagiarized and you must use different references
- Discuss the ethical considerations relating to surrogate motherhood and contraception.
- How can students improve their reading skill by using Metacognitive strategies
- Describe a quality improvement program you would design in your LTC facility and why you chose that particular measure? Who would you include on your team? Focus on choosing an area that aligns with one of the 6 AIMS.
- Quality and lean operation
- Customer service skills response
- Health Care Ethics Case Studies
- The Maus I&II by Spiegelman begins with Hitler’s quote: “The Jews are undoubtedly a race, but they are not human.”
- Find Trends in Your Profession (My desired profession is HR)
- Hilbert Spaces
- utilitarian argument