As you read the chapter below, consider the following questions (and take notes):
What are the assumptions of the symbolic frame?
When and why is it useful?
What rituals, storytelling practices, and heroes exist within your educational settings?
Bolman, L. G., & Deal, T. E. (2013).Chapter 12: Organizational symbols and culture. Reframing organizations: Artistry, choice, and leadership. (pp. 245-263). Jossey-Bass.
Write a 2- to 3-page paper (excluding title page and reference list) that includes the following components:
Discuss the assumptions of the symbolic perspective.
Describe some of the rituals or ceremonies present in educational settings.
How do these rituals reinforce the goals of an educational institution?
Reflect on the organizational symbols within your current workplace.
Describe the culture of the organization or institution.
Does the current culture support its ability to accomplish its goals?
Does the current culture support your ability to accomplish your goals?
Discuss how the symbolic frame is useful to you as a current or future educational leader.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Your work should be written with the following points in mind.
- Write a reflection based on the PowerPoint slides of Beth Corey and how it applies to early childhood education.
- What environmental pollutants cause the outbreaks?
- Explain how you would define Social Psychology from the sociological perspective?
- Does the United States have a crime “problem” compared to other advanced and industrialized nations?
- Explain How New Technologies Are Making an Impact on Businesses.
- What are arguments for or against investing time and resources into protecting languages from extinction?
- What are the steps in the budgeting process, and how would you describe each step in sequence?
- Explain in detail how pre-assessment data could help support or determine the two students’ needs.
- Describe how culture may affect help seeking behaviors and the experience of trauma for survivors?
- Explain How Social Media affects self esteem and body image in young women between 21-30.