As you read the chapter below, consider the following questions (and take notes):
What are the assumptions of the symbolic frame?
When and why is it useful?
What rituals, storytelling practices, and heroes exist within your educational settings?
Bolman, L. G., & Deal, T. E. (2013).Chapter 12: Organizational symbols and culture. Reframing organizations: Artistry, choice, and leadership. (pp. 245-263). Jossey-Bass.
Write a 2- to 3-page paper (excluding title page and reference list) that includes the following components:
Discuss the assumptions of the symbolic perspective.
Describe some of the rituals or ceremonies present in educational settings.
How do these rituals reinforce the goals of an educational institution?
Reflect on the organizational symbols within your current workplace.
Describe the culture of the organization or institution.
Does the current culture support its ability to accomplish its goals?
Does the current culture support your ability to accomplish your goals?
Discuss how the symbolic frame is useful to you as a current or future educational leader.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Your work should be written with the following points in mind.
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.