As you read the chapter below, consider the following questions (and take notes):
What are the assumptions of the symbolic frame?
When and why is it useful?
What rituals, storytelling practices, and heroes exist within your educational settings?
Bolman, L. G., & Deal, T. E. (2013).Chapter 12: Organizational symbols and culture. Reframing organizations: Artistry, choice, and leadership. (pp. 245-263). Jossey-Bass.
Write a 2- to 3-page paper (excluding title page and reference list) that includes the following components:
Discuss the assumptions of the symbolic perspective.
Describe some of the rituals or ceremonies present in educational settings.
How do these rituals reinforce the goals of an educational institution?
Reflect on the organizational symbols within your current workplace.
Describe the culture of the organization or institution.
Does the current culture support its ability to accomplish its goals?
Does the current culture support your ability to accomplish your goals?
Discuss how the symbolic frame is useful to you as a current or future educational leader.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Your work should be written with the following points in mind.
- What gender differences/similarities do we see in verbal messages? Throughout the text, gender differences are discussed in a wide variety of contexts. One researcher distinguishes three perspectives on gender differences in communication. Which pers
- Health systems management
- Utilitarianism essay on voluntary prostitution
- Rime of the ancient mariner
- Marine Biology Research Idea
- Difference between employee and general contractor
- Development Emotions History
- Week Three: ‘Killer Robot’ Paper
- International Food & Culture (The Mother Sauces)