You have been asked to assess and evaluate trends in healthcare using data analytic tools to guide decisions about health care practices. MiAmore Medical Center would like to look at breast cancer screening rates and mammograms. Women ages 4044 have the choice to start breast cancer screening with mammograms, and women ages 4554 should get mammograms each year. Detecting breast cancer early means decreases in cancer mortality and decreases in treatment costs, as treating more advanced stages of breast cancer means more expensive procedures.
As a health data analyst,
use the sample data set to assess breast cancer screening rates for the years 20152017 for both Memorial Hospital Group and Southern Hospital Group.
Create a table showing the average breast cancer screening rates by year for both hospitals.
Create a table showing the total and average breast cancer costs by year for both hospitals.
Using one bar chart, display the average breast cancer screening rates by year for each hospital.
Using one bar chart, display the average breast cancer costs by year for each hospital.
For each hospital, use a pie chart to show the percentage of cancer cost contribution by year to the overall 20152017 cancer total costs. Which year was responsible for most of the cancer cost during this period?
Create a visualization to forecast screening rates for each hospital.
Summarize your findings in one paragraph by comparing hospitals breast cancer screening rates. Which hospital needs a change in breast cancer screening policy? Why does this policy change matter to health care?
Compute a correlation statistic to examine the association between breast cancer screening rates and breast cancer costs for both hospitals. Interpret both correlation statistics in terms of direct/inverse association and terms of weak/moderate/strong association. What is your overall conclusion about the relationship between breast cancer screening rates and breast cancer costs? What specific policy recommendations could you provide to the hospital board at Southern Hospital Group?
Create a story with a narrative.
Create a dashboard.
- What gender differences/similarities do we see in verbal messages? Throughout the text, gender differences are discussed in a wide variety of contexts. One researcher distinguishes three perspectives on gender differences in communication. Which pers
- Health systems management
- Utilitarianism essay on voluntary prostitution
- Rime of the ancient mariner
- Marine Biology Research Idea
- Difference between employee and general contractor
- Development Emotions History
- Week Three: ‘Killer Robot’ Paper
- International Food & Culture (The Mother Sauces)