State the disease/disorder and advise the parent of at least two treatments that could help alleviate the condition/symptoms, and why the treatments would help. Will the symptoms always be present? What advice would you offer the parent on how to help this child cope over the next ten years?
You are a health care professional advising a parent of a 16-year-old daughter with a bilateral ovarian cancer, which requires surgical removal. List at least three most likely symptoms and why those symptoms result from the surgery. Will the condition/symptoms always be present? List at least two treatments that could help alleviate the condition/symptoms and why the treatments would help. What advice would you offer the parent on how to help this child cope with puberty?
Suggestions for Response post:
Can you think of other ways to help one of these families? Are their support groups, additional treatments, even famous people with one of these conditions?
- Evaluating teaching programs
- Admission Essay to medical school
- Describe how a logistics alliance would be implemented, maintained, and eventually terminated between aviation-related companies.
- Discussion Thread: Academic versus Applied Research
- Blog: Writing a Profile of a Place
- HR400 Stages of the Interview Process
- McDonald’s Customer Centricity Case Study
- HR400-4: Assess how employment tools and documentation are used for employee selection
- Wrong patient, wrong site, wrong procedure events have decreased in most hospitals. However, they continue at Mercy. What is the most common reason this is occurring? What can be done to decrease this sentinel event? And who should be responsible?
- What issues of safety existed that are common to most hospitals?