Discussion #8: The decision to drop the atomic bomb.
Critics have charged that the United States was morally irresponsible in using atomic weapons against Japan during World War II. Were the United States’ actions justified?
In order to prepare for this discussion forum:
Review and identify relevant sections of Chapter 26 to support your discussion.
Read the essay DEBATING THE PAST: THE DECISION TO DROP THE ATOMIC BOMB.Download DEBATING THE PAST: THE DECISION TO DROP THE ATOMIC BOMB.
In 2005 a group of historians held a mock trial-Hiroshima: Truman on Trial.Links to an external site.
After you have completed your readings post your answers to only ONE of the following questions.
What are the explanations that have been offered in support of dropping the atomic bomb? What is your response to these explanations? Make sure that you provide specific support from your readings.
What are the arguments that have been presented against using the atomic bomb? What is your response to these arguments? Make sure that you provide specific support from your readings.
Review the trial and cast your verdict. How do you find President Truman? Guilty or Not Guilty? Discuss why you reached that decision.
In order to earn the full 100 points (100%) for this assignment, you must:
Directly and completely answer at least ONE question. Please make sure that you clearly indicate which question you have chosen to discuss. Clearly and accurately explain your answer based on factual information contained in the assigned readings. (80 points)
- The proposal: Exploting Sustainable Agriculture
- Discussion Post 4
- Analysis of the novel All The Light We Cannot See
- ANALYSE AND IDEATE A2: Individual Report (Jason 17/04/2023)
- Describe the implications of the proposed intervention to nursing education and practice.
- Written Response to Full-Class Reading/Viewing Assignment #2
- compare and contrast essay
- Medical Report Composition
- Find a post (or post a link to) a concept of Communication in Film (photo, short video, brief piece of writing, song, etc –that no one else in the class has posted to the blog yet) related to dealing with coronavirus. You may write about films, songs, etc dealing with isolation, exile, and illness. No two posts can be identical.
- Child Psychology