“Spying among friends, that’s just not done.”
—German Chancellor Angela Merkel,
in response to charges that the United States bugged her phone
Take a position. Should the United States spy on friends? If we are spying to prevent acts of
terror or keep government or intellectual secrets safe, are we justified in our efforts to
espionage against other nations? Does it matter if that spying is on a friend or ally? Do the
risks of breaking trust with other countries that we consider friends outweigh the potential
benefits of gathering intelligence that could benefit our national security or intellectual property? Do you agree or disagree that spying on nations we consider our allies should not be
First, title your initial post either “The U.S. should not spy on nations we consider friends or allies” or “The U.S. should spy on nations we consider friends or allies.”
Then make your case:
What are the benefits to our nation of spying even on those countries we consider allies?
What are the risks?
Do the benefits outweigh the risks? Why or why not?
NB Please use in-text citations for any reference(s) used in APA 7th format. Thank you.
- The proposal: Exploting Sustainable Agriculture
- Discussion Post 4
- Analysis of the novel All The Light We Cannot See
- ANALYSE AND IDEATE A2: Individual Report (Jason 17/04/2023)
- Describe the implications of the proposed intervention to nursing education and practice.
- Written Response to Full-Class Reading/Viewing Assignment #2
- compare and contrast essay
- Medical Report Composition
- Find a post (or post a link to) a concept of Communication in Film (photo, short video, brief piece of writing, song, etc –that no one else in the class has posted to the blog yet) related to dealing with coronavirus. You may write about films, songs, etc dealing with isolation, exile, and illness. No two posts can be identical.
- Child Psychology