S&S Air Goes Public
Mark Sexton and Todd Story have been discussing the future of S&S Air. The company has been experiencing fast growth, and the two see only clear skies in the company’s future. However, the fast growth can no longer be funded by internal sources, so Mark and Todd have decided the time is right to take the company public. To this end, they have entered into discussions with the investment bank of Crowe & Mallard. The company has a working relationship with Renata Harper, the underwriter who assisted with the company’s previous bond offering. Crowe & Mallard have assisted numerous small companies in the IPO process, so Mark and Todd feel confident with this choice. Renata begins by telling Mark and Todd about the process. Although Crowe & Mallard charged an underwriter fee of 4 percent on the bond offering, the underwriter fee is 7 percent on all initial stock offerings of the size of S&S Air’s offering. Renata tells Mark and Todd that the company can expect to pay about $1,800,000 in legal fees and expenses, $12,000 in SEC registration fees, and $15,000 in other filing fees. Additionally, to be listed on the NASDAQ, the company must pay $100,000. There are also transfer agent fees of $6,500 and engraving expenses of $520,000. The company should also expect to pay $110,000 for other expenses associated with the IPO. Finally, Renata tells Mark and Todd that to file with the SEC, the company must provide three years’ audited financial statements. She is unsure about the costs of the audit. Mark tells Renata that the company provides audited financial statements as part of the bond covenant, and the company pays $300,000 per year for the outside auditor.
a. At the end of the discussion, Mark asks Renata about the Dutch auction IPO process. What are the differences in the expenses to S&S Air if it uses a Dutch auction IPO versus a traditional IPO? Should the company go public through a Dutch auction or use a traditional underwritten offering?
b. During the discussion of the potential IPO and S&S Air’s future, Mark states that he feels the company should raise $75 million. However, Renata points out that if the company needs more cash in the near future, a secondary offering close to the IPO would be problematic. Instead, she suggests that the company should raise $90 million in the IPO. How can we calculate the optimal size of the IPO? What are the advantages and disadvantages of increasing the size of the IPO to $90 million?
c. Many employees of S&S Air have shares of stock in the company because of an existing employee stock purchase plan. To sell the stock, the employees can tender their shares to be sold in the IPO at the offering price, or the employees can retain their stock and sell it in the secondary market after S&S Air goes public. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each option?
d. 5 years after IPO, S&S Air is planning to raise fresh equity capital by selling a large new issue of common stock. S&S Air is currently a publicly traded corporation, and it is trying to choose between an underwritten cash offer and a rights offering (not underwritten) to current shareholders. S&S Air management is interested in minimizing the selling costs and has asked you for advice on the choice of issue methods. What is your recommendation and why?
* Case write-ups should be 3-5 pages in MS word format (minimum 750 words without the questions), double-spaced, and 12 font size in Times New Roman. After answering ALL 4 questions (a, b, c, d), you will be able to find the total number of words at the status bar at the bottom of the Word window – Exclude the questions!!.
* APA citation for sources provided (With a minimum of 5 references, but no more than 10 references). The sources are of high quality (books, journal articles, reputable business magazines, professional association publications, government websites etc).
- Choose two of the three following prompts for your midterm response.
- The purpose of this assignment is to reflect on the passion narratives, specifically, how do the events in the final week of Jesus’ life inform Christian life today?
- Week 7 Critical Thinking Assignment- Cody
- “The exclusion of any group – whether on the basis of gender, class, sexual orientation, religion or race- involves cultural definitions of the members of that group as less than fully human.” (Bunch 1995, 12) Critically discuss.
- Analyzing Published Research
- Are gross motor skills associated with social functioning in autistic children
- how Walt Disney organized people (managed them) and how he influenced these people (led them) to reach organizational objectives
- Build on your work with your business model canvas by discussing the patterns, the design, and the overall business strategy that it illustrates.
- Freelancer needed to retype words in jpeg to word document and covert to PDF file interested person inbox via link: https://t.me/Veronicasamuya
- A brief summary identifying the consequences of academic integrity violations