Search the Internet and choose a current issue that is relevant to Civil Rights.
Once you’ve selected the issue, prepare a 2 to 3-page paper of your insights that address the following:
What civil rights issues are related to the topic you have selected?
What milestones are important in the historical evolution of civil rights in areas related to your topic?
Are there specific groups that still see inequality relative to your topic? Explain.
Be sure the current event that you choose follows these guidelines:
The publication date of the article must be no earlier than 4 months before the start of the session.
News articles must be from reputable news sources, with links to the original article(s) provided.
Some suggested sources:
The Economist: http://www.economist.com/
NY Times: www.nytimes.com
The Wall Street Journal: http://www.wsj.com/
National Public Radio: www.npr.org
Proofread and save your work.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Use concepts from the background readings as well as any academic resources you can find (Wikipedia-type sources are not acceptable). Please be sure to cite your sources within the text and provide a reference page at the end of the paper.
Length: 2 to 3 pages, double-spaced and typed using 12 Point Times New Roman font.
The following items will be assessed in particular:
Your ability to apply the basic concepts to the questions.
Some in-text references to the background readings (APA formatting not required).
The essay should address each element of the assignment. Remember to support your answers with solid references including the background readings.
- Discuss the ethical considerations relating to surrogate motherhood and contraception.
- How can students improve their reading skill by using Metacognitive strategies
- Describe a quality improvement program you would design in your LTC facility and why you chose that particular measure? Who would you include on your team? Focus on choosing an area that aligns with one of the 6 AIMS.
- Quality and lean operation
- Customer service skills response
- Health Care Ethics Case Studies
- The Maus I&II by Spiegelman begins with Hitler’s quote: “The Jews are undoubtedly a race, but they are not human.”
- Find Trends in Your Profession (My desired profession is HR)
- Hilbert Spaces
- utilitarian argument