Please read the digital script, Dead Man`s Cellphone (Links to an external site.) by Sarah Ruhl, premiering at the Wooley Mammoth Theatre Company in Washington D.C. June 4, 2007. Dead Man`s Cell Phone is a sweeping surrealist melo-drama written to hold a mirror up to American society and it`s notions on love and connection in the age of technological advancement that both connects and isolates people. Sarah Ruhl is known for her use of poetic language and almost dreamlike scenarios, you`re never fully sure what has actually happened verses what has been dreamed or thought by a character, which makes both designing and viewing the show so much fun. Assignment Instructions Having read Dead Man`s Cell Phone, please respond to the following questions using specific examples from the play and vocabulary from your reading to support your ideas. Your response should be at least 500 words. 1. Give a summary of Dead Man`s Cell Phone (use your own words). 2. What do you feel is the centralized theme in the play, give specific examples of where characters enhance or support this theme or themes and where they purposefully negate it. 3. Media outlets today pride themselves on their willingness to print the truth. But does the new media today speak the truth? Or are they swayed by the same pressures that the characters faced in the play? What does the truth mean to the central character and what does it mean to the rest of the characters. Objectives Read this play carefully and pay attention to how themes and situations throughout are still relevant today, though it is a relatively modern show, a lot has happened since 2007. You will have to provide a response to your reading, so be sure to take some notes as you go. I hope you all thoroughly enjoy this play. https://web.p.ebscohost.com/ehost/ebookviewer/ebook?sid=ff8af6c4-2434-45a5-8149-cd578270726b%40redis&ppid=Page-__-6&vid=0&format=EK
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.