Read Out of Many ch.18 and the assigned reading by David Wallace Adams to prepare for this assignment.
Then craft a two-page, thesis-driven essay discussing Native American resistance to the U.S. government’s assimilation policies of the late nineteenth century.
Questions to consider:
1. How did American culture and Native American culture differ?
2. What specific policies did the U.S. government adopt in its efforts to assimilate Native Americans?
3. What does the Native American boarding school experience tell us about Native resistance?
This assignment is worth 25 points and will be judged on the following criteria: (a) adequacy of reading and preparation, (b) effectiveness of written presentation (grammar and composition), (c) insight into the subject and its significance.
- Describe 4 ways you can make deposits in other people’s emotional bank accounts.
- Explain Plato Knowledge and Reality and relate to the Socratic method.
- What matters is if the story has TIP CUP values.
- Write a paper explaining patients’ rights as it relates to choice of treatment, consent for treatment, and refusal of treatment.
- What is the legacy of colonialism according to the various authors that we have read (be sure to reference at least three)?
- Write an essay on why qualifying with your weapon is important in the army/military.
- Describe the internal and external criticism that is used to evaluate middle range theories”.
- Discuss the types of behaviors that are typically exhibited by a facilitator in team meetings.
- Describe a scene (specific place) you remember from your childhood.
- Explain how Peter Funt builds an argument to persuade his audience that the digital age is making it more difficult to preserve one’s memories.