Read Out of Many ch.18 and the assigned reading by David Wallace Adams to prepare for this assignment.
Then craft a two-page, thesis-driven essay discussing Native American resistance to the U.S. government’s assimilation policies of the late nineteenth century.
Questions to consider:
1. How did American culture and Native American culture differ?
2. What specific policies did the U.S. government adopt in its efforts to assimilate Native Americans?
3. What does the Native American boarding school experience tell us about Native resistance?
This assignment is worth 25 points and will be judged on the following criteria: (a) adequacy of reading and preparation, (b) effectiveness of written presentation (grammar and composition), (c) insight into the subject and its significance.
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.