To complete this assignment you will need to access the Gapminder “Wealth and Health of Nations” interactive chart. Go to Gapminder World Offline and download the new Gapminder Tools Offline app, following the directions for your operating system. Take a quick look at the Gapminder World Guide and explore the data to understand how the graph works before advancing to the assignment questions.
Your assignment is to answer the five (5) questions below using the data found on the Gapminder chart. Your answers should be concise, written in an academically appropriate style with good grammar and spelling.
Describe one interesting observation you made while exploring the data.
Examine the variables “child mortality” and “children per woman.” Describe the relationship between these two variables. Do you notice anything surprising or interesting?
Change the x-axis back to GDP. Turn your attention to the countries from Sub-Saharan Africa (they should be in blue). Do you notice a particular country that has much lower child mortality compared to the others? Select this country andanother that has a similar GDP but much higher child mortality. Looking at othervariables, can you find a possible explanation for such a huge difference despite similar GDPs?
Now use the time function to observe the changes in life expectancy over time for all countries. The life expectancy for many countries takes a dive at what year? Why might this be the case?
What can you discover about the relationship between GDP and health when you change the GDP scale from “log” to “lin.” You will notice that the data points move, but why does this happen
flv://www.gapminder.org/wp-content/uploads/tutorial/gapminderworld.flv //www.gapminder.org/wp-content/uploads/tutorial/poster.jpg 700 458
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.