Write a research paper on the Modern India, Pakistan, Bangladesh
Part 1: Write short notes (a paragraph for each, 4-5 sentences) identifying and
discussing the significance of any three of the following. Situating the term in
a time frame (even if approximate) will complete the response:
• Ahimsa and Satyagraha
• Subhas Chandra Bose
• Government of India Act 1935
• The Quit India Movement
• Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
Part II: Write a 1000-word ( about 4 double-spaced pages) essay in response to
any one of the following prompts:
Note: Your essay must include concrete references to the readings on each
How did the idea of self-determination shape political developments in
modern South Asia? Discuss with reference to the period, c. 1857-1971.
[Note: You do not have to discuss every event or personality in this
period, select those that best support your analysis and use concrete
examples to back up your argument].
Two empires ruled large parts of early modern and modern South Asia:
the Mughal and the British empires. At the height of their power, the
Mughal Empire and British Empire had to marshal both consent and
coercion to stay in power. Yet the two types of imperial authority were
also different in nature. Discuss with examples.
As with the midterm exam your essay will be graded for argument,
organization, evidence, grammar and punctuation. Treat each essay as an
academic exercise and avoid overly casual phrasing or slang. Essays should
have an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion. You may use all
readings and lectures for examples to support your analysis. Since you have
completed a research paper, you may bring in that material if relevant to your
argument. Cite all quotes and keep citations simple and in-text. Attach a works
cited page to the exam. There is no need to cite class lectures.
Here are some of the links you can look at
Sugata Bose and Ayesha Jalal, Modern South Asia
- Discuss about the initiatives and strategies carried out by urban management in Xiapu city to build social resilience to post-pandemic mental health issues by applying good governance principles.
- Discuss the underlying arguments behind Piotroski F-Score.
- Write a discussion paper on the risk of reopening school amid covid.
- . Research the work of Fiedler on contingency theory, and respond to the following questions: Communicate your understanding of contingency theory.
- Based on your instructor-approved topic in Module 1, draft a one-to-two sentences argumentative thesis statement. Write a full-sentence outline in outline format with at least three main arguments or support (see the arguments you included in your thesis statement).
- Write at least two solid paragraphs but more is recommended to get full credit.
- Consider how you will track the effectiveness of the budget, finance, and capital planning programs, including performance measures, revenue forecasting, estimation, and public awareness and interaction. To develop the plan, use any tool which can depict timelines and dependencies, including Google Sheet, Microsoft Project or PowerPoint, or Asana.
- What does it mean to experience a major shift in human nature?
- Explain and evaluate why authentic leadership is important to contingency theory.
- Consider how you will track the effectiveness of the budget, finance, and capital planning programs, including performance measures, revenue forecasting, estimation, and public awareness and interaction.