Assignment is for Class MGT/526 Managing in a changing enivoronment
Week 1 Assessement
Assessment Prep: Organization Selection and Research
Wk 1 Assessment Prep: Organization Selection and Research
Working in business management means taking on responsibility to lead your organization in a variety of situations. Part of that responsibility is understanding where an organization has been and where it’s going.
In this course, you will imagine yourself in the role of a manager and use resources to make decisions on where an organization is going in respect to business needs, organizational structure, leadership strategies, and change management. Some of the information needed may be easy to locate, but other information may take time and effort to find. To determine some information, you may even need make assumptions based on research. These research and strategizing skills will be useful in your business management career.
Access Business Source Complete: SWOT Analyses and Gale Business: Insights – SWOT Reports from the Wk 1 University Library.
Using those databases, select 1 global organization that you’ll use throughout this course and review its SWOT analysis to learn about its history. This will help you prepare for your Wk 2 Summative Assessment: Business Administration Organizational Proposal.
Some annual reports are more recent than others. Ensure you find a company with a recent report from within the last 2 years.
Although you may have worked with a selected organization and its information in other courses, please select a new organization for use in this course and do not integrate previously used content from other courses into your work in MGT/526.
Create a chart or outline in which you convey the following information about the organization or company you selected:
Provide the name of the organization.
Provide the industry.
Provide a brief history of the organization.
Include at least 3 milestones from their history.
In addition to the databases from the Wk 1 University Library, include 3 resources where you can locate company information in future weeks. This may include company websites, current employees, journals, etc. about the company’s leadership model, demographics, and use of technology.
Explore other companies or organizations in this industry. Define 1 new unique business opportunity your organization can take to increase its competitive advantage.
Identify a function of management that is needed for this new business opportunity.
Cite sources to support your assignment.
Format citations and references according to APA guidelines.
- What variation in the number and kind of aggression (e.g. physical, relational, manipulative, etc.) did you observe?
- Write a research paper outlining the five main purposes of case management.
- Write a research paper that examines root cause analysis and affinity diagrams.
- What questions do you have for your faculty member and course colleagues about publishing your research and the DTP Workshop?
- Write a research paper outlining the significance of observing both verbal and nonverbal cues in conversation.
- Write a research report addressing the question: Is metformin (intervention) a more effective way to manage type 2 diabetes in older people (population) than chlorpropamide (comparator)?
- Compose a study describing how to handle a challenge in a presentation.
- Write a research paper that examines the Intelligence Case Study “Colin Powell’s speech at the United Nations on February 5, 2003.”
- Write a research paper on the interactions and overlaps between leadership and communications.
- Write a research paper on the topic of student-centered learning facilitation.