You are required to prepare and submit an original post by 11:59 PM on the assigned day and respond to any questions posed to you by the instructor or other members of the class. Original posts should be at least 3 or 4 paragraphs in length. Any information in your posts must be properly cited (APA), if necessary, and proper grammar and punctuation must be used. Remember, this is not an opinion forum. Your answers should be based on fact and the source of your factual information should be noted. Information on APA formatting and paraphrasing articles can be found under Course Materials.
Packers Crime Control Model of Justice emphasized quick and efficient handling of arrests and convictions of offenders to maintain public order. The model emphasized victims rights. According to the model, even if an officer made a procedural mistake, the evidence should still be allowed because locking up the guilty is more important than protecting his/her Constitutional safeguards.
On the flip side, there was the due process model which focused on the individual rights of the victim and offender. The model stresses a slow and steady process that guaranteed procedures were followed and rights were protected. Police, judges, and prosecutors were to respect procedure and individual rights throughout the entire legal process. It was better to release someone on a technicality than to violate his/her Constitutional rights.
Where do you stand on this? Is crime control better for the criminal justice system or do you see due process as the better ideology? I have prepared a Powerpoint presentation on the topic which is located under Part 1 Powerpoints.
The assignment is worth up to 10
Respond to the original posts of at least 2 classmates by the assigned day at 11:59 PM. Responses such as, I agree, or thats what I would do, will earn no credit. You must post during the time frame in which the question is posed. Late responses will result in a grade of 0.
Discussion posts are used to determine attendance. You may not make all posts on the same day.
- Explain using facts and concepts studied and examples along with reference to your research findings.
- What other information should the nurse obtain with regard to previous visits to other doctors about this concern?
- Discuss about why branded content is used the most in sports sponsorship.
- What forces does this case describe operating in Foxconn’s global environment?
- Is it possible to identify the specific cause or causal factors of an event?
- What do you believe was showcased as a legitimate way of working/processing a crime scene?
- What influenced Barre-Sinoussi’s current relationship with Bob Gallo?
- Describe how an understanding of history is important for making sense of contemporary issues of crime, policing, or incarceration.
- Is the wireless network you own as secure as it should be?
- What are the key characteristics of this cultural group, such as language, values, and customs?