Write an approximately 2 page essay using at least 2 outside resources on the court/legal process in the United States. This assignment is to show your critical thinking skills. Some information you might want to include to earn points:
• Is the legal system we have in the United States fair for both parties? Consider both the civil and criminal system.
•Could you design a better system?
•Give one example of a case in which you think the verdict was not representative of the facts presented? Why do you think that happened? Do you agree that it “should” happen in a working legal system? This should not be based on emotion. It should be based on process.
You may not use a case older than 25 years, The OJ Simpson or Casey Anthony case.
•Ensure you use terms of things that occur in the court process. For example “I think the legal system is inherently unfair because it requires parties to write extensive pleadings thus necessitating the need for attorneys. This effectively bars access to the courts for many indigent Plaintiffs. This is not what the Founders had in mind . . . ”
•Do not write a paper merely quoting a source’s opinion. You will be graded on content, support, organization, grammar, and cohesiveness. You must use APA formatting and citation.
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.