Summary Instructions – Review
Objective of Assignment
Produce a representative sample of your writing in this course for our departmental SACS evaluation.
Summarize the main purpose and findings of the review you wrote.
Assess the logic and agreement of all sections of the paper.
Provide a <500 word summary of your review paper with the structure below. Construct your summary by extracting sentences from your completed review, and then editing them to make a coherent and seamless piece of writing. 1. Introduction: write one to two sentences of how your topic relates to a bigger field and/or why it is important to talk about it. The sentences should be comprehensible to a general scientific audience 2. Background: write one or two facts that are known about your research topic. You must make sure the information presented is accurate, comprehensible to scientists in related disciplines and are key for the reader to understand the rationale and motivation of your study. 3. Problem statement: describe in one or two sentences the current gap(s) in our understanding of this field. The problem should be connected with the facts you just stated. 4. Hypothesis or Objective: write the main objective or clearly state the hypothesis of your review. Your main objective should be to FILL the gap you identified. If you have multiple secondary objectives/hypotheses, state them all. Your objective/hypothesis must be feasible. Your objective/hypothesis should also contain the appropriate action verb(s). You should include a purpose statement for each subsection of the review. 5. Methods: write one sentence with a general description of the literature surveyed including the time period and type of articles and the categorization of literature into subtopics. 6. Main body/Conclusions: Write 3-5 sentences stating the major evidence/trends observed across the literature search from each subtopic. The major trends must correspond to the original objectives/hypotheses of the review. 7.Broader impacts: provide 1-3 sentences of how the compiled results contribute to the field and society and/or how the review provides a foundation for future research. Paper needed to be summarized is attached in files. An example is also provided.
- Evaluating teaching programs
- Admission Essay to medical school
- Describe how a logistics alliance would be implemented, maintained, and eventually terminated between aviation-related companies.
- Discussion Thread: Academic versus Applied Research
- Blog: Writing a Profile of a Place
- HR400 Stages of the Interview Process
- McDonald’s Customer Centricity Case Study
- HR400-4: Assess how employment tools and documentation are used for employee selection
- Wrong patient, wrong site, wrong procedure events have decreased in most hospitals. However, they continue at Mercy. What is the most common reason this is occurring? What can be done to decrease this sentinel event? And who should be responsible?
- What issues of safety existed that are common to most hospitals?